DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

I suggestion if I may? How about the option of square solder pads for the positive side of electrolytics, 9v "In" pad, etc. Just a thought.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

bancika

Quote from: skiraly017 on July 31, 2006, 03:29:50 PM
I suggestion if I may? How about the option of square solder pads for the positive side of electrolytics, 9v "In" pad, etc. Just a thought.

nice idea, will do it...
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

dacaumodo

I just downloaded your soft yesterday. It looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing it.
Guillaume.

Samy

I was redrawing the Thunderchief pcb and found that there´s no vertical trimmers ! Can you add that ?
Changing the default values for traces and pads will be great ! It´s a PITA changing that one by one ...

Thanks.

Basile

Well you app is very useful, but I will be at paradise, if only there were a Linux version of the software...

If only Delphi and Kyrix tools could make better "exchange" than now.....
The Flammable Project - a website made for DIY'ers.
Current project: The Mutron Biphase

bancika

in order to make app compatible with Kylix it must be CLX and not VCL. Mine is VCL so I can't compile it with linux. There are many win emulators available, give them a try.
Samy, I'll put more trimmer types and also default sizes.
dacaumodo, tnx!
When I get back from vacation I'll update it.

hilbi

hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp

hilbi

can you also add the power regulator component ?

lm7808 type of thing? That would be great.
hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp

hilbi

may I also request a transformer component? (42TN022) for octave pedals.
hilbi

bancika

hilbi, use transistor component for regulators...
as for transformers, I was planning to put it but didn't have time. It will be added eventually
Tnx

subversivepinko

First off, great work Banicka, and thanks so much for keeping it free.

I noticed one issue. I have dual monitors, so my screen resolution is technically 2560x1028. Most of the dialog boxes show up in the center of your screen, which in my case means split between two monitors, while I have the application running on the left screen. This is extremely annoying. What about making the dialogs pop up centered over the app window, instead of dead center of your entire desktop?

bancika

Roobin

Must say this is the easiest software I have ever used. Simple, but effective.

Maybe an option for different hole spacing? (sorry if already mentioned, but I cant read 25 pages!)

Thanks

Herr Masel

Hey, I'm currently working on a pcb layout for the bsiab, it's my first one but it's going well. Great software, and thanks alot banicka for writing  and sharing it!!!

One probelm I have is that I can't seem to select a component by right clicking on it, and it get's difficult when I want to edit a single trace or pad and have to search for it in the explorer side-bar. Has anyone else had this bug? I downloaded the software today so I think I have the up to date version.

bancika

Hi guys,
as for hole spacing, I don't think it will be available any time soon. The reason is simple, unique engine is used to save/draw/edit all layouts, no matter which type of layout you use. Changing hole spacing for PCB (I think you're refering to that) would break that concept.
Herr Masel, I'm not sure but maybe it has to do with color depth on your monitor. Make sure it's 32bit
Cheers

Herr Masel

Thanks, I am using the right resolution and colour depth but the probelm is still there... Strange, I just noticed now that the "rotate" and "select all" buttons on the explorer window appear as the pencil holding hand (bottom right corner), same as the arrows that move the component around.

Gilles C

Quote from: Herr Masel on August 12, 2006, 06:19:45 PM
...One probelm I have is that I can't seem to select a component by right clicking on it, and it get's difficult when I want to edit a single trace or pad and have to search for it in the explorer side-bar. Has anyone else had this bug? I downloaded the software today so I think I have the up to date version.

We are a few having the same problem. Right-click never worked for me, and I am really using 32 bits etc.

Gilles

Herr Masel

Quote from: Gilles C on August 12, 2006, 10:50:43 PM

We are a few having the same problem. Right-click never worked for me, and I am really using 32 bits etc.

Gilles

I don't know much about programming, but it looks like the program is built on html, right? If so, could it make a difference that my default explorer is firefox? I love firefox, but it sure has some bugs... What's your default browser Gilles?

Gilles C

It's based on Delphi if I remember well, so your default browser shouldn't be the cause.

I am using Avant which is IE based. I tried Firefox before, can't say I had problems with it, but just had problems getting used to a few menu items.

Gilles

Ivory Knight

hi,
i love the prog, but haw can i do the thick black lines between each part?
Until now, i always used these blue jumpers!

regards,
markus