DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

yeah, it can get slow with many components. Program is hand-draing everything on screen and transparency takes lots of CPU.
skiraly017, I don't understand. Sort it where? They are sorted in explorer and components list below board.
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

skiraly017

"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

Gilles C

In the component list, they are in the order they were added. If you add R5 and then R1, the order will be R5-R1 etc...

I suppose that's what you noticed skiraly017

gilles

skiraly017

Quote from: Gilles C on August 17, 2006, 04:57:36 PM
In the component list, they are in the order they were added. If you add R5 and then R1, the order will be R5-R1 etc...

I suppose that's what you noticed skiraly017

gilles

Sort of. I realized I could just rename them as well. See what happens when you stay up late playing with design software? You're all sorts of fuzzy the next day.  :icon_mrgreen:
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

bancika

you don't wanna know what happens when you stay all night MAKING design software  :icon_lol:
I'll fix sort thing...

Roobin

Im a perfectionist - so if something gets changed, everything below it must be changed. Is there an option to turn the listing off?

Im just adding labels now. Sorry another another q: With words, how do you change font size, if at all possible. It's getting a bit cramped. Guys, with the EZvibe, do you want really neat holes for things all grouped together, or just dispersed a bit? I like them together, but if its easier, Ill just leave them seperated a bit.

bancika

Hi,
at the moment none of features you mentioned are not supported...I'll think about them

Branimir

Bancika, even I started to use your program! Good stuff, too bad there's no component rotating!

10 thumbs up! :)
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

bancika

actually, there is component rotating. It's explained in the manual...
Cheers!

Branimir

Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

Roobin

Hey guys/gals

Bancika, using the newest version of your software, i get the square pads for diodes, ICs and electros, when i render an image they appear, but not when I render a Pnp.

Finally finished the Easyvibe layout! Just need to get myself a gallery. There are 2 parts - the .diy file, and accompanying image file.

bancika

scaesic

this software is actually amazing, but i thought i might make a request i made earlier.

Is there anyway to minimize the track lengths by utilising the computer program, surely all that needs to be done is fix the location of relative pins and let the computer re-arrange the tracks and component to optimum locations for minimum track lengths?

the potential for this program is incredible, if all the projects here were moved over to the file format then mods could easily be implemented in pcb layouts. It'd be a revolution in diy stompboxes!

bancika

I know it would be nice, but also not so easy to implement. Not easy at all...

bancika

Of course someone can...but not me :) I hardly understand the problem  :icon_idea:

skiraly017

Another last night last night...this software is like a drug and I swear I can quit anytime I want to.  :icon_rolleyes:

Killer program Bancika, just waiting for my next paycheck so I can donate to the cause.

bancika

Tnx man,
feel free to submit layouts to growing gallery. We have more than a hundred of them!!
I'm glad someone actually uses my stuff :)

skiraly017

I have a question about the layout gallery. If I right click on an individual file and choose "Save As", the file saves as a text (.txt) file not a .diy file. Any idea why? Am I doing something wrong?

bancika

In Firefox it works, IE also. Which browser are you using?
Anyway, just jange ext back to .diy and it'll work. DIY files are XML which is plain text.
Cheers