DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

Hmmm, that's pretty much impossible. I didn't touch anything printer related...damn :icon_mrgreen:
Can anyone confirm this, I don't have a printer to test with
Cheers
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

markm

bancika,
Here's the message I get when trying to print PNP
"could not convert variant of type (OleStr) into type (Boolean)"
I hope this helps.

bancika

does the same message occur when you try to render pno?
Can you mail me (or just uplaod to gallery) layout you have problem with, it looks that it's an error when reading DIY file
Tnx

markm

Yes,
It happens when trying to render PNP as well.
I will mail you the file bancika.
  Mark

bancika

Thanks Mark, it's been fixed. Something I changed in file structure messed it up.
When I add some new feature(s) I'll upload new version
Cheers

markm

FANTASTICO  ;D
Please let me know if possible.
Thank you bancika.
BTW, the updates are cool  8)

lerxstlover

Quote from: markm on September 26, 2006, 08:00:23 PM
bancika,
Here's the message I get when trying to print PNP
"could not convert variant of type (OleStr) into type (Boolean)"
I hope this helps.

I just updated and am getting the same message when trying to print PNP....

lerxstlover

Here's a quick fix:

I installed an older version (not sure if necessary).

I opened the .diy file in notepad and edited out the extra information in the <trace> node (color, etc. and took the "px" out of the width parameter) and it is working again.

bancika

yeah, the error occured when it tries to convert "15px" to number..
anyway, it's fixed now. I'm uploading update. Also, I've added inline vertical trimmers, so I hope it covers all types now  :icon_wink:
Cheers

lerxstlover

Quote from: bancika on September 27, 2006, 12:32:17 PM
yeah, the error occured when it tries to convert "15px" to number..
anyway, it's fixed now. I'm uploading update. Also, I've added inline vertical trimmers, so I hope it covers all types now  :icon_wink:
Cheers

I hate those....I'm a Delphi programmer since v1.  It's always the little things  :icon_mrgreen:

I don't know if you fixed it in the new version or not, but when you select several elements (say, 4 or 5 solder pads, for example) and then use the move keys, it moves all the elements on the board.  I've only used it in PCB mode so I don't know if it does that or not in the other modes.  I sometimes will try to shrink down the size of the board so I'll select several elements at once to move them over.

bancika

strange, it should not hapen. Make sure that category icons in Explorer are not selected. If category icon is selected all components in that category are considered selected...

lerxstlover

Nope...I just tried it again and made sure only the 4 items were selected and all of them moved.

bancika

RaceDriver205

lerxstlover

Quote from: bancika on September 28, 2006, 04:57:10 AM
can you please make a screenshot and post it...
Tnx

Ok, I figured it out.....when you hold CTRL and LEFT click in the explorer, you can move just the ones you select.

When you are on the board and hold CTRL and RIGHT click on the components, it not only selects the components in the explorer but also the section header in the explorer so all components in that section move.

This is a great program, but to finish it off, how about you integrate the entire Mouser catalog so that when we're done with the layout we just hit an order button and it automatically orders and pays for everything from Mouser, has it shipped overnight and bills everything to Bill Gates?  :icon_lol:

bancika

yeah, I was thinking about order stuff. I just have to find company thst' willing to do some kind sponsorship  :icon_rolleyes:

markm

bancika,
I get the same error message as before when trying to print or render PNP after making minor changes to a layout.  :icon_frown:
Any quick fix for this??

bancika

pyrop

Quote from: markm on September 29, 2006, 12:40:44 AM
bancika,
I get the same error message as before when trying to print or render PNP after making minor changes to a layout.  :icon_frown:
Any quick fix for this??
Same here.
I am using version I downloaded last night (24hrs ago).
Problem is in the pad & trace values. When you check values "px" is added to the end of the value & if you delete the "px" off the end it works.
Hope that helps.

pyrop ;D

bancika

yeah, I fixed for pads but forgot to do it for traces  :icon_mrgreen:
Tnx for notifying...