DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

yeah, default positions are very random thing, the only thing that's intentional are those wacky angles, because if I screwed something in drawing instructions it will usually be more apparent when rotated under weird angle.
cheers
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

scaesic

Just had an idea, its not very common for people to have their own enclosures manufactured, so how about everyone submitting their favourite enclosures and using some kind of drop down menu which draws the enclosure dimmensions automatically?

bancika

yeah, that could be nice, I though about that but have no idea how to implement it in my modular engine...

scaesic

i have no idea either :)

what about having seperate box sizes and a customisable box setting?
You could have an enclosures folder where you could select BB or B  or "variable" etc.
That way people could make their own enclosures like they can make theyre own library components?

sorry if i'm not any help, i have little java experience, and no gui experience.

I assume the op-amp schematic still has the +/- inputs, outputs and power lines to go on? it'd be useful to select "dual" op-amp schematic, which would bring up both parts of say a 4558, and then label them U1a and U1b.

SISKO

Hey Bacinka, if you have a "Help" section and want to translate in to diferents languges, i have no problem in translate it in to spanish. I have no idea if this have had done before coouse ive got the programs inn the other computer. ;)
--Is there any body out there??--

bancika

One more thing I forgot, if you hold Ctrl key while dragging it won't snap to grid.  :icon_wink:

nokaster

bancika

nokaster

Quote from: bancika on November 30, 2007, 04:26:58 PM
Read previous 2-3 pages...

i'm very sorry for not reading those page before i asked the question.
i just downloaded the alpha version and it works fine on my macbook!

you are doing an incredible job with this software!!!

thx thx thx
my mac love this! ;-)

bancika

bancika

I have placed new alpha here http://www.storm-software.co.yu/diylc/diylc_alpha.zip
Please download it and check it out, it has some new cool features:

- I have added wire component and I'm specially proud of it, you should see the math below :)
- Drag&drop and component selection now works with lines too (that's why it wasn't possible to drag capacitor symbol -- no surfaces)
- You can move selected components around with keyboard arrows, as usual, holding Ctrl key moves only for one pixel, not by grid size.
- Works a bit faster (do not try to use perf and strip boards, one is slow and other doesn't show up but I'm working on it).
- Library update actually works, I have placed phony component on my site called New component, program recognizes it and does auto-update when clicked.

Let me know how you like it.

Cheers

scaesic

awesome.

with the boards working, deletion and save this will be useable.

bancika

stumper1

Looking good!!! 8) 

I just read the last few pages  - when you say "don't have to snap to grid", does that mean components, solder pads, etc. can be placed "anywhere"? 

Thanks for all your work.  I use current version almost every day!!  Looks like the new version will be even better.
DericĀ®

scaesic

Quote from: bancika on December 01, 2007, 09:28:49 AM
check out new resistor

Much better ! colours a bit weird.

scaesic

Quote from: stumper1 on December 01, 2007, 01:14:30 PM
Looking good!!! 8) 

I just read the last few pages  - when you say "don't have to snap to grid", does that mean components, solder pads, etc. can be placed "anywhere"? 

Thanks for all your work.  I use current version almost every day!!  Looks like the new version will be even better.

I noticed that when you use this function it makes its own invisible grid which it snaps too afterwards. While you press ctrl you can place it anywhere, but afterwards it gets snapped to an invisible grid which doesnt line up with the visible grid.

bancika

Basically, when you hold ctrl it moves for 1px, when you don't it moves for the grid size.
As for resistor color, please send me HEX values for resistor and outline and I'll change it.

bancika

Quote from: scaesic on December 01, 2007, 03:16:39 PM
I noticed that when you use this function it makes its own invisible grid which it snaps too afterwards. While you press ctrl you can place it anywhere, but afterwards it gets snapped to an invisible grid which doesnt line up with the visible grid.

It must work like this. If I'm to re-align component(s) to grid whenever ctrl is not pressed I can have some issues: imagine having two components, you move one without snapping to the grid, then you select both and move them with snapping to the grid. If I make the one that's not aligned to the grid to be aligned I'll loose relative distance between those two components.

scaesic

i got these from photos of resistors, dunno what itl look like though.

dca85f
e7bc87
ffd9aa

also, i captured this from a picture, but its a bit wobbly and i cant figure out how to turn it into a vector graphic.