DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scaesic

Quote from: bancika on December 03, 2007, 07:43:16 PM
I tried on the laptop and it worked fine, a bit slower than on desktop but no sign of flickering... :icon_rolleyes:

ditto. Starting to think the flickering could be an isolated occurence, but probably need more testing to confirm.

still cant get loading files to work.

bancika

I just tried and it worked, do you get open dialog at all? And you choose the file with mouse?
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

scaesic

Quote from: bancika on December 03, 2007, 09:03:52 PM
I just tried and it worked, do you get open dialog at all? And you choose the file with mouse?

yeah, i get it, but when i hit open nothing happens, didnt work on either pc. tried save as and save project, both seemed to require me to add the .diy - then closed the program, then re-started it, press open file, click file, press open - nothing.

ezanker

bancika

I see, try to run it like this: go to command prompt, change active directory to DIYLC and type in

java -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -jar DIYLC.jar

maybe it will help

ezanker

Quote from: bancika on December 04, 2007, 11:14:45 AM
I see, try to run it like this: go to command prompt, change active directory to DIYLC and type in

java -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -jar DIYLC.jar

maybe it will help

I ran it like this and the flickering is the same.

Again, let's see if anyone else sees this problem...

bancika

Quote from: scaesic on December 04, 2007, 08:08:28 AM
yeah, i get it, but when i hit open nothing happens, didnt work on either pc. tried save as and save project, both seemed to require me to add the .diy - then closed the program, then re-started it, press open file, click file, press open - nothing.

what about double clicking on the file from open dialog?

scaesic

Quote from: bancika on December 04, 2007, 01:36:03 PM
Quote from: scaesic on December 04, 2007, 08:08:28 AM

what about double clicking on the file from open dialog?

still nothing.

have you tried it on a pc without the java dk?

bancika

I think that laptop I tried it on didn't have DK, but I'm not sure. It shouldn't be a difference whether it's DK or just runtime package. Which version do you have?

ezanker

I can save and reopen a .diy file.
The save does not automatically add the extension (.diy). 

When I opened the saved file the resistors (layout not schematic) are not redrawn.

scaesic

Quote from: ezanker on December 04, 2007, 03:15:16 PM
I can save and reopen a .diy file.
The save does not automatically add the extension (.diy). 

When I opened the saved file the resistors (layout not schematic) are not redrawn.

definetly cant open .diy files on my pc or my flatmates laptop.

bancika

I have placed new alpha at the same location http://www.storm-software.co.yu/diylc/diylc_alpha.zip
Check if opening/saving works now, didn't change much there but maybe :)
New stuff:

• Bring to front/Send to back works
  • Bunch of new components: electrolytics (with variable size), pots (with variable body and shaft size!), redone DIL IC...

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Bane

MasaRGR

Thanks for all your hard work :)

Looks great and works fine on my Mac. The last two versions worked smooth for me. No flickers or problems with redraw here.

Saving and opening files works, but I'm getting the same problem as ezanker with the missing resistors when I load a saved file.

bigjim

Hey,

Been trying the program and its great but im having trouble getting the vero board to work. Is it something im doing wrong ?

Double click on the perfboard and it comes up, if I try with the vero board I just get two blue dots and thats it....

Any ideas ?

Jim
Too much soldering not enough playing !!

bancika

don't use boards, perfboard is too slow, stripboard doesn't work at all.
cheers

scaesic

opening files still dont work on my side.

il update java and see if it makes a diff.

like the new ic's - i was trying to be awkward by putting in odd numbers of legs, it responds by making it a tad bigger but i was happy it didint try and put odd numbers of legs in.

also, i agree with the previous guy that the control points for the wires need to be invisible unless the item is selected, otherwise thigns get complicated when you're doing off board wiring.
Also, the resistors should be named consecutively as they are placed on the board: R1, R2, R3 etc, same for caps.

edit* updating java didnt work: still cant open files.

bancika

man, you must be doing something wrong :icon_rolleyes:
please explain in detail what are you doing and what's going on when you do it.
I plan to add auto increment component names...

Thanks

bancika

btw, I have fixed the wire, it shows lines and control points only when selected. It required some engine changes, but we're still evolving. It looks great, I'll post new version tonight.
Cheers

scaesic

http://www.youtube.com/v/BSwl-a_Ss_U

youtube converted it and destroyed the quality, but you can still make out whats going on.

Same thing happens on my flatmates laptop.

bancika

I see, can you post the contents of file it saved?
Also, try to run it from the console so you can see the output, maybe there's an exception.
go to command prompt, change folder to diylc and type

java -jar DIYLC.jar

when you open file from DIYLC go back to command prompt and grab the output from there.
Tnx