DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scaesic

Quote from: bancika on December 12, 2007, 02:32:05 PM
yeah, but if you have a large project you can always scroll. I have two 19" LCDs joined together at work, so don't have that problem anyways :)

well i have a 23 inch widescreen, so i don't have that problem either :)

scaesic

Quote from: bancika on December 12, 2007, 03:37:09 PM
How 'bout some tubes :)

if you keep adding all this there wont be anything left for us to add once its final release!

dschwartz

this thing is getting incredible!!!
Bancika..i salute you..you´re a f***ing genius man!!!!!

i can´t wait for the PCB features!
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

bancika

thanks man, I appreciate it.
Tonight I'll try to push new alpha out with undo, few new components and improved speed.
Cheers!
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

bancika

Here it is http://www.storm-software.co.yu/diylc/diylc_alpha.zip
I didn't work much on it these days, but it's got a few improvements. Printing is almost there, I still didn't scale it right and place it on the paper, though.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers,
Bane

bside2234

Just tried the new Alpha. Just keeps getting better!
Thanks for the PCB board!

Suggestions:
Single solder pads
Resistor standing on end
The ability to view/toggle just the traces/pads as some of the components kind of get in the way when making a tight board and it's hard to see what I am doing.

dschwartz

Quote from: bside2234 on December 14, 2007, 03:18:51 AM

The ability to view/toggle just the traces/pads as some of the components kind of get in the way when making a tight board and it's hard to see what I am doing.

maybe a transparency feature can help with that..
Tubes are overrated!!

bancika

I could add a feature to show components from 1st and 2nd z-class only. That would include boards, pads, traces, eyelets and stuff like that.
Or something similar...

bside2234

I think that would be a good feature.

Wow! It runs so smooth and fast compared to the old version. Thank you so much.

Add the ability to transfer a schematic to PCB and I might just have to remove Eagle from my computer! :icon_mrgreen:

bancika

Quote from: bside2234 on December 14, 2007, 10:15:16 AM
Add the ability to transfer a schematic to PCB and I might just have to remove Eagle from my computer! :icon_mrgreen:

That one's not easy at all  :icon_rolleyes:

bside2234

bancika

It's still drawing-only engine, it doesn't know about relations between objects. There are many cool things to add which are way out of scope for this project, like real-time sound processing so you can hear the pedal without building it. how cool is that? :)

bside2234

That would be too cool! I can't wait for this version to be usable. I like the old version but it just lags on my computer so bad.

I can't say, "Thank you" enough for doing this. It's amazing!

In the old version, when I export a PNP image there is a black box/square around the board. Is that necessary and is there any way to get around it without going into photoshop or illustrator to get rid of it?

bancika

my pleasure, mate. I'm glad to return something to DIY community. Also, I'm really glad that this one will be usable for tube stuff (amps) as well. I'm regular at ax84.com and it's nice for those guys to have their piece of cake :)
as for black rectangle, in the old version - no :(
Cheers

bside2234

I have been thinking about building a tube amp. I have a Marshall 2203 and have been wanting to build a 2204 for home use but the high voltage thing kinda freaks me out. I have been nailed by electricity too many times.  :o

bancika

yeah, I got hit twice just because I was stupid: once I forgot to plug out from the wall and bam - 220V in both hands, luckily I touched the same wire with both hands so it didn't go through heart. Next time I used ground lift for standby and I was holding one hand on guitar string trying to turn the amp on. Strings were floating at 180VAC, switch was at ground and bam - 180V from one hand to the other...not pleasant at all  :icon_rolleyes:

dschwartz

hey, i just tested the newer version..man..is faboulus!!!!!!!
great speed for working, transparency feature for parts, control select, rotation, draft mode (cool for speeding things some more) pretty good parts library..congrats!!!

a few comments for making it a bit better..i maybe youré already working on this:

- Parts dont have a solder pad when making a PCB..maybe a "PCB MODE" button that adds solder pads to the parts..
- single solder pads for input, output, etc are missing from the library...
- a scroll for the library wont be bad...
- Jacks and switches simbols and icons
- led´s, and LDR simbols/icons
- a layer select (board/parts/traces)
- Logic symbols (at least inverters for 4069´s CMOS)
- Trimmers
- A pcb only image export..like "ready to transfer"
i hope it helps!!
greetings
Tubes are overrated!!

bancika

Hey Daniel,

thanks for kind words and suggestions. I'll go one by one

- Parts dont have a solder pad when making a PCB..maybe a "PCB MODE" button that adds solder pads to the parts..

yeah, still no solder pads. I try not to make too many components until I'm happy with component engine. these days, with every release I change something in component engine which means I have to change every component file to make it work with new engine. Having many components makes it hard.

- single solder pads for input, output, etc are missing from the library...

the same goes here, it will be there.

- a scroll for the library wont be bad...

yeah, good catch. I have large monitor so I never noticed that. Will do it.

- Jacks and switches simbols and icons

the same here

- led´s, and LDR simbols/icons

and here

- a layer select (board/parts/traces)

can you explain more in detail what would you like. I plan to do it but must approach it with few more ideas besides mine.
- Logic symbols (at least inverters for 4069´s CMOS)

will be there...

- Trimmers

that too.

- A pcb only image export..like "ready to transfer"

this could be related to layer view or something like that.  I really don't want program to "know" in advance about it's components, so I have to do it delicately. If traces and pads are in one z-class selecting only that class and doing standard export would do the trick, right?

scaesic

Quote from: bancika on December 15, 2007, 11:29:16 PM
this could be related to layer view or something like that.  I really don't want program to "know" in advance about it's components, so I have to do it delicately. If traces and pads are in one z-class selecting only that class and doing standard export would do the trick, right?

Yeah, except you'd need the mirror wouldnt you?

bancika