DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikkards

Yeah but some of us want something more elegant than what comes out of Redmond, believe in the philosophy of openess (isn't what this forum is about?) or don't want to spend the money to buy something from a company named after a fruit.
What's your excuse?  ;)

Mind you MS's products pay the bills for me so I can buy stuff and I wouldn't want it any other way

Quote from: bside2234 on January 04, 2008, 12:27:57 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Flibber Flabber
Wakka Wakka

Ever hear of a little program called Windows?  :icon_rolleyes:
Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

bside2234

I was only kidding! I just have never heard of any of that stuff plus it has funny names.

bancika

it's not that I like MS or their stuff, it's just very funny how those open source stuff gets named. Who comes up with that stuff.
Like java concepts: ant, ear, bean...silly, isn't it :)
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

bside2234

Back on topic!  ;)

When I open the new beta I get an error message:
The following component files could not be processed:
C://blah,blah,blah\library\copper_trace.xml
These files will be ignored

bside2234

Quote from: bancika on January 04, 2008, 02:00:56 PM
it's not that I like MS or their stuff, it's just very funny how those open source stuff gets named. Who comes up with that stuff.

It's not that I like it either. It just came on my computer and I don't care enough to change it to something else. It works. That's all that matters to me.

bancika

Quote from: bside2234 on January 04, 2008, 02:03:27 PM
Back on topic!  ;)

When I open the new beta I get an error message:
The following component files could not be processed:
C://blah,blah,blah\library\copper_trace.xml
These files will be ignored

did you mess with that file? try to download and unpack it again, maybe it got damaged somehow.

bside2234

That worked. I didn't delete the older versions files and just chose to overwrite the files. I deleted the folder this time and then extracted it and that worked. Thanks.

rikkards

From the FAQ at Ubuntu:
http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/faq#head-554a5bc453f68051a6b83c83fbfe61b322c6b3fd
We name all of our development releases with catchy animal names. This started with the early days of Ubuntu, before it was called Ubuntu, when Robert Collins, upon hearing of the six month release schedule, said "That is going to be pretty warty. Lets call it Warty Warthog". The naming convention stuck.

BTW the steps as brought up by mdh on page 56 still work with the latest version of Ubuntu (7.10 aka Gutsy Gibbon).

Quote from: bancika on January 04, 2008, 02:00:56 PM

Sorry, knee jerk reaction.  ::) Ubuntu is one of the most user friendly versions of Linux around. The nice thing is you can download a LiveCD and boot off of it and see how it works without having it affect your existing installation of Windows. Runs completely off of the cd. It is different though than windows in some of the ways it works and look and feel. A lot of the history of Linux comes from the Unix world in how it works but Ubuntu does a great job in making it just work. Apple proved it could be done with OS X.

I had Gentoo for a while which was bleeding edge but it got to the point that I just wanted something that was less "bleeding". If Windows works for you (as it does for my wife), then great!

Quote from: bside2234 on January 04, 2008, 01:58:51 PM
I was only kidding! I just have never heard of any of that stuff plus it has funny names.

Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

andrew_k

Bug Report

Description: Paste doesn't work, neither from Edit menu nor Ctrl+V (Or perhaps Copy is the culprit? I haven't checked clipboard contents)
System: OS X 10.4.11
DIYL Version: 2 beta

It's kinda hard to know what bugs have been reported amongst a 65 page thread that spans multiple versions of the software. I think you need a bug tracker that's suitable for non-IT people. I've had a lot of success with Flyspray in the past, it might be worth checking out.

bancika

Good idea, I'll install fishspray and integrate it into program so users can report bugs and request new features.

As for paste, keyboard shortcuts work only when main window is selected, so make sure that library is not focused...I'm trying to fix it.

bancika

I have installed fishspray, seems ok. We use JIRA at work and it's more powerful, but it's not free. For DIYLC fishspray will be ok.

Here's link, so feel free to post bugs or feature requests, no registration is needed.

http://www.storm-software.co.yu/flyspray/

cheers

BINGEWOOD

Paste is working for me from the menu.  I'm on 10.4.11

Bancika, can you add flip/mirror to text options?  Would be useful for text on the board bottom.

BINGEWOOD

Just noticed flypper post.  I will check it out and add to there.  Thanks.

bside2234

bancika

Here you're gonna talk about how good it is, and in flyspray you say the bad part :)

BINGEWOOD

bancika

andrew_k

Quote from: bancika on January 04, 2008, 09:32:51 PM
Here's link, so feel free to post bugs or feature requests, no registration is needed.
http://www.storm-software.co.yu/flyspray/

:icon_biggrin:

dschwartz

one still have to put each solder pad one by one or is auto now?
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

bancika

yep, still didn't figure the best way for auto-creation yet. Please file a ticket for that in flyspray so I have it in mind...