DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scaesic

not quite auto creation, but how about you have a button for PCB mode which, when activated, allows you to place pcb pads with a right click - and left click will serve as normal for placing other components. This would make the process 75% less tedious.

bancika

hmm...that's not a bad idea. But in order to stay "clean" and not make static link to "solder pad" component I could make that configurable. That way you can set a "quick component" or something like that which is created on right click when app is in quick component mode (otherwise, we show popup menu). I'll think about it, thanks!
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

scaesic

Could be a useful feature, so you could place all your resistors in one go, and then all your caps, and then all your solder pads.... :)

nokaster

any news on the conversion program for old layouts to the new program?

us mac users would be very thankfull!

;D

bancika

Quote from: nokaster on January 10, 2008, 01:25:29 PM

us mac users would be very thankfull!

;D

not yet, making this version work as it's supposed to is my main priority...

nokaster

i thought so. i'm very happy with it already!
but i'm not a genius layouter...

bancika

I'm happy with it too, but there are still some issues that are very annoying, check out the flyspray page...
I didn't have time for the last 5 days to work on it at all...

nokaster

every single thing you do is exceptionally appreciated by myself and many others i think!

it's a great program!

bancika

andrew_k

Quote from: bancika on January 10, 2008, 01:26:36 PM
Quote from: nokaster on January 10, 2008, 01:25:29 PM
not yet, making this version work as it's supposed to is my main priority...

Considering both formats are XML, do you think XSL would be up to the task of migrating to the new format? If so, I may be able to help you out.

I'll try to take a look at it over the weekend.

bancika

I worked with XSL very little so I'm not sure what it can do and what not, but the problem is not only different structure of file, but also more core changes...

dschwartz

----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

bancika

you can use flyspray page to see the progress. I haven't worked on it much lately, my girlfriend came to the US so I don't have any time...

cheers

~arph

Quote from: bancika on January 11, 2008, 08:21:23 AM
I worked with XSL very little so I'm not sure what it can do and what not, but the problem is not only different structure of file, but also more core changes...

I'm sure XSL is up to it, but take my advice.. creating a simple SAX parser is way more flexible. I've extensively worked with XSL and came to the conclusion it overcomplicated and untransparent and a major pain in the @ss to come back at a few months later and trying to make anything out of it. in SAX you know where your elements start and where they end

spud

Hey does anyone know where I can get the latest release of the new DIYlayout tool?   Is it still a BETA version?  Didn't see many posts on this thread recently, did it move somewhere else? 

Thanks for any help/links,

spud

12milluz

Click the picture in bancika's signiture;) You can download it there!

EDIT: nevermind, sorry.
Quote from: Processaurus
You need a glade plug-in, in on a footswitch.  Kick on the big muff, then hit the air freshener pedal.

Visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/12milluzmusic

bancika

this is the latest version http://storm-software.co.yu/diylc/diylc_beta.zip
I haven't had time to work on it last month, hopefully I'll start again soon
Cheers

spud

Thanks for the link -

I like the pics on your site - looks like you've had some time to enjoy the sites and see some shows.  I esp dig the pics with Vai and Sheehan!  The DP show must have been great too as well as Slash.

Thanks again and take care -

spud

ambulancevoice

i had a play with the beta version on my mac, appears to work fine! i just havnt tested out everything yet
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

ANDYEFFECT