DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loss1234

OK

I have one more question . one more big problem. I have tried for many hours to find an answer to this one but I am starting to think its not possible.

HOW CAN YOU FIGURE OUT WHICH TRACE IS WHICH? in other words, on the right hand side of the window,  (the explorer) if you choose PADS and selected one pad at a time, the pad in question will light up in red. HOWEVER with TRACES there seems to BE NO WAY TO HIGHLIGHT OR FIGURE OUT WHICH ONE IS WHICH, other than deleting them one at a time  (unless you give a unique name to every single trace. which i may have to start doing. are there any plans to add a feature where the trace turns red like the way it does with PADS?

this is really the biggest problem i am running into with this program.

thanks so much for this wonderful program.

o

bancika

I do not plan to further develop the old version. However, Java version will definitely have that feature...
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

rnfr

my Java version has stopped allowing me to save as and export png files.  any way to fix this?

bancika

sweetwilly

Just gotta say - great software.  I've always had real trouble with schematics, but was playing around with the layout creator today and something just clicked as I "built" the circuit.

Genius work!

frequencycentral

Branislav,

This is a great program!

However - I only use 'Tripad', it's like a cross between stripboard and perf. Three holes per pad - hence the name. I don't know if anyone else uses it, but I find it far more compact than stripboard, more conveniet than perf.

Would it be possible to add 'Tripad' as a choice in board properties?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?C=SO&U=strat310&T=Chester&ModuleNo=1922&ma=Chester+-+Tripad+Board
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

CodeMonk

Maybe this was already brought up. I'm on dialup and searching through 71 pages of posts would take me a month.
I have no laser printer so printing a layout at home is not really an option at this time.
I tried rendering an image and its huge. Way to big.
I also tried rendering a PnP, its also oversized when I try to open it in MSPaint of photshop.
When I go to print preview, the PnP Image is also distorted.

It prints the Pnp image just fine, perfect size and everything.
Without a laser printer at home, my only option at this time is to take the images to kinkos or some place like that and have them print them. But with the images to large or distorted, thats currently something thats not going to work.

Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks

Great software BTW

bancika

Quote from: frequencycentral on September 13, 2008, 03:31:23 PM
Branislav,

This is a great program!

However - I only use 'Tripad', it's like a cross between stripboard and perf. Three holes per pad - hence the name. I don't know if anyone else uses it, but I find it far more compact than stripboard, more conveniet than perf.

Would it be possible to add 'Tripad' as a choice in board properties?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?C=SO&U=strat310&T=Chester&ModuleNo=1922&ma=Chester+-+Tripad+Board

In the newer version it's possible, not in the really old one (windows only). It would take just to create that board as a component and add to a library.
I don't have time to do it in current beta, and it would be worthless when brand new version 3 comes out (the one that's open source).
If anyone (maybe you?) wants to play with it, start with perfboard XML file in library folder, it should be straightforward to do.
Cheers,
Bane

bancika

Quote from: CodeMonk on September 14, 2008, 03:32:14 AM
Maybe this was already brought up. I'm on dialup and searching through 71 pages of posts would take me a month.
I have no laser printer so printing a layout at home is not really an option at this time.
I tried rendering an image and its huge. Way to big.
I also tried rendering a PnP, its also oversized when I try to open it in MSPaint of photshop.
When I go to print preview, the PnP Image is also distorted.

It prints the Pnp image just fine, perfect size and everything.
Without a laser printer at home, my only option at this time is to take the images to kinkos or some place like that and have them print them. But with the images to large or distorted, thats currently something thats not going to work.

Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks

Great software BTW

Depends on what software youre using, some of them seem to ignore image resolution and that's why it looks so big. I tried from photoshop and it was fine...weird. Try playing with resolution.

CodeMonk

Doesn't really matter what software I use, what I worry about there is what software Kinkos or some other place of that type uses.
After I made this post though, I inserted one of the images in MSWord and re-sized it there.
Between 38 and 39 percent of original size makes it damn near perfect. 38.5 percent would have been perfect but it doesn't allow that :(

Br4d13y

i tried to download the program, and it installed, but when i opened it, it would just pop up saying no active document ??? it really bugs me as i am new to effects and very sketchy at schematics
freedom is the freedom to say 2+2=4

bancika

that's the old version and it does not work with vista (damn microsoft)

Barcode80

Quote from: CodeMonk on September 17, 2008, 12:37:17 AM
Doesn't really matter what software I use, what I worry about there is what software Kinkos or some other place of that type uses.
After I made this post though, I inserted one of the images in MSWord and re-sized it there.
Between 38 and 39 percent of original size makes it damn near perfect. 38.5 percent would have been perfect but it doesn't allow that :(

open thepnp image in photoshop, go to Image size, turn off resampling, and set it to 200.25 dpi. This will print exactly right.

Br4d13y

freedom is the freedom to say 2+2=4

bancika

calpolyengineer

Quote from: Br4d13y on September 29, 2008, 08:45:16 PM
do you have a vista version ? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Old one works with vista if you set it to run in compatibility mode.

-Joe

Mr. G.

I'm trying to run the v2 Beta on Linux (Ubuntu), and have it up and running fine, but there are no components in the library window.  Is there some way I'm supposed to import the components from the library folder, or am I just missing something ????

Other than that, it looks great, and thanks for all the hard work! 

bancika

it probably couldn't find library folder. Make sure it's in the same folder as JAR

Mr. G.

The DIYLC.jar, Library folder and Lib folder are all in the diylc_beta folder that was unzipped to my desktop.  I'm running the .jar file from the diylc_beta folder.