DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alparent

Just a little question for bancika.
Why is you application setup trying to change my IE settings?
McAfee is picking it up and won't allow it.

Thanks

bancika

Hmm, it doesn't mess with IE or anything else in the system...check that file is not infected with a virus or something.
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

bancika

by the way, I changed my domain from storm-software.co.yu/diy to diy-fever.com, if some link doesn't work just replace the first part and it should be ok
Cheers
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

kristoffereide

I'm having problems with your software. It says "No active document", and won't allow me to do anything...
Quote from: biggy boy on April 12, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

Barcode80

me too. i couldve sworn someone said it worked in vista, but the original won't work. I would use the new one, but every time I try to move the end of a trace if i accidentally touch a component the component comes with. no good for me.

kldguitar

we commonly use protel . it is good software to design pcb and schematic.if some want, please send email to me. I send it by mailbigfile

ianmgull

Quote from: Barcode80 on March 14, 2009, 06:16:00 PM
me too. i couldve sworn someone said it worked in vista, but the original won't work. I would use the new one, but every time I try to move the end of a trace if i accidentally touch a component the component comes with. no good for me.

Settings> Uncheck "Sticky Points" ;-)

bside2234

J-Bones

Hey Bancika,

I'm just getting started with pedal building and thought I'd give this program a shot.  Man, I'm glad I did!  I used it to layout a selectable frequency booster circuit and had no problems.  I'm lovin' it!

The rest of my parts should be here on Monday.  Now, if the actual build goes that smooth, I'll be very happy.    :D
"Everybody is so talented nowadays that the only people I care to honor as deserving of real distinction are those who remain in obscurity."  Thomas Hardy, 19th Century English novelist.

kristoffereide

to all of you that can't run this program... right click and runs as admin, I figured it out a week ago...
only have to do it the first time
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

JFX09

Hello,

I have downloaded the programm and I'm getting my head around it and I have to say that so far, it's fantastic, very easy to use (the multi-platform version)

But I have a little problem,. When I select print, it prints a blank page. I'm sure it must be some easy thing to solve, but I can't figure it out, sorry.
Any help will be greatly aprreciated. By the way I'm trying to print a simple pcb, solder pads and traces, nothing complicated.

thanks in advance.

jf

edit: I apologise in advance if this problem has been adreessed before, I could't find an answer usin search.

Happiness is a effin' hot soldering iron

kristoffereide

JFX09

I take it you mean export image? I'm using V. 2.0.1. multi-platform.

I tried that (export img to png and then printing it with paint) but it's way too big. How do I get it to the right size?

thanks a lot

jf
Happiness is a effin' hot soldering iron

imcdermott

I'm new to the forum and haven't figured out if i can search within a thread. So sorry if this has already been asked. But I'm new to pedal building and was checking out your program. I downloaded the beta2 version (i'm a mac user) and i can't open any of the files on your website. Is there something I have to do first? Thanks! And again, sorry If this has been answered.

Ian

bside2234

You have to save the file to your hard drive. Open DIY Layout Creator and then open the file from the program.

Barcode80

actually, most of those layout files are in the old program format and as mentioned earlier in the thread, they cannot be opened within the new version.

bside2234

Quote from: Barcode80 on May 14, 2009, 03:30:46 PM
actually, most of those layout files are in the old program format and as mentioned earlier in the thread, they cannot be opened within the new version.

You're right. I forgot about that.

Johnnie D.

There was a guy who had the same problem as me but I didn't see where there was an answer to the file format not recognized when trying to open diy files from the program in xp.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Johnnie D.

O.K. Sorry for taking up space. I downloaded and installed the windows version only and it opens the files.
Thank you.

Elektrojänis

Quote from: bancika on March 05, 2009, 12:53:07 PM
by the way, I changed my domain from storm-software.co.yu/diy to diy-fever.com, if some link doesn't work just replace the first part and it should be ok
Cheers

Probably because of the domain change, the update library in help setting gives this error: java.net.UnknownHostException: www.storm-software.co.yu

I don't know if there is anything to update really (I just downloaded the latest multi platform version a few days ago), but I just thought to report it...