DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

bancika

that would be helpful, there's less chance they will get lost. This thread is huge :)
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

demym

Some new feature requests:

- scale an imported image by handles (not only by the -scale- slider);
- ability to lock an imported image by right click menu (in general, ability to lock any object using the right click context menu, not only by layer);
- maybe i already asked this: enclosures (various models, BB, B, would be great)

These two features would be very useful to copy exactly, say, an eagle board (playing with the alpha control); it is already possible to do this, but these two features would make the thing more easier.

Thanks, bye

Perrow

I support the "lock object" feature, and give you at least a simple enclosure. Just save to disk and add as image.

Now I really need the send to back feature.

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Johan

I've been fooling around with this one for a few hours now and must say ...GREAT work Bancika..expect a donation from me in the near future..
J
DON'T PANIC

bancika

Johan

one thing on my wish list would be a way of fliping/inverting the image so it's ready for photopaper transfere. ...or did I just miss that knob?...not a big thing, I'll just open the it in paint and invert, but it would be convenient
J
DON'T PANIC

Barcode80

The way you see the image when looking at the board from the top (as in this program) is already in the orientation it needs to be in to print for transfer.

Perrow

If anything I'd like a reverse text object so I can add text to the transfer without opening it in a paint program.

bancika

GodSaveMetal

bancika please wen I put a layout version 1 whit IC's whit 14 pins the version 3 recognized but whit 8 pins!!!! would you resolve that problem?? thanks a lot it's great work this version!!!!!!

bancika

I won't be able to do any DIYLC work for another two weeks or so. I'm taking a final exam :)

ringworm

Having trouble getting the most recent version running on Mac OS 10.5.8
I have moved the directory to my applications folder and changed the name of the directory folder to diylc3. When I open Terminal and type in the command as posted in the user manual I get  this message: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token 'newline'
Any ideas?

bancika

ringworm

Issue 49 sounds similar to mine and I have made the alterations to the run.sh file but still no results. I have also set my Java Preferences to run version 1.6 but that still does not work.

fluke

Quote from: ringworm on March 22, 2011, 06:22:49 AM
Having trouble getting the most recent version running on Mac OS 10.5.8
I have moved the directory to my applications folder and changed the name of the directory folder to diylc3. When I open Terminal and type in the command as posted in the user manual I get  this message: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token 'newline'
Any ideas?

Just a wild guess, but are you literally typing in cd <path to diylc3> as the manual says, ie with the angle brackets and all?  You should be using cd diylc3 (if the directory is named diylc3).

If not, can you post a screenshot or cut'n'paste of the full command you typed and the result?

ringworm

Ah that's why!
Am now getting permission denied error. Only one log-in on this laptop, mine, and it's an admin log-in, so not sure why it's locking me out...

fluke

Quote from: ringworm on March 23, 2011, 12:54:35 PM
Ah that's why!
Am now getting permission denied error. Only one log-in on this laptop, mine, and it's an admin log-in, so not sure why it's locking me out...

run.sh isn't marked as executable.  Do chmod a+x run.sh first.

ringworm

bancika