Why do these Germanium transistors measure 0 leakage?? (CV7117)

Started by formerMember1, May 07, 2006, 12:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formerMember1

Hi,

I bought these OC76 transistors off eBay and they were all high leakage.  I left a positive feedback to the seller, but i did tell him about them not being usable.  So he sent me NOS (1975-1976) (10) CV7117 Germanium PNP white dot=collector metal can transistors to "help" make up for the ones i bought.

They all measure 0 leakage though and that doesn't make sense.

the gains are 75, 88, 66, 67, 77, 64, 60,  17, 54, 48,

definitely some good ones for a treble booster or Q1 in fuzzface... and i could probably use a 66 and 88 for a fuzzface pair just to try them even though i know that isn't "right".

i didn't try them yet because i don't have a PNP build at the moment ready to swap them in,... but i will try them soon.

I swore something was wrong with my testing them but i double checked over and over and everything is fine.

Any thoughts?

PS:oh yeah,. they are not temperature sensistive at all!  So these can't be germanium, they must be silicon,... but all the data sheets say germanium.

cd

Test the voltage drop of the BE and BC pins.  If they're arouund .5V, they're silicon.

MartyMart

They are Silicon, military PNP replacement for Ge's ( I made the same mistake ! )
Sound quite good though with the right hfe's :D
( I only found a handful from 20 that are useable )

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

formerMember1

thanks guys...

i figured that.  Probably good for Phillip/fuzzcentral's axis face silicon rev 3 build or something...