Ugly Face Woes

Started by $uperpuma, May 07, 2006, 03:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

$uperpuma

Dan N got me all excited about building this guy!
He even got me connected with a board and some caps... and the wiring seems idiot proof... whats lower than idiot?
Layout: http://users.rio.com/senorris/junk/ufpcbetc.gif
ok heres the deal.. I have oscillation...a neat monosynth sound, but it does not recognize that there is a guitar connected, at any threshold setting... I have spares of each of the IC's and have swapped them. Volume, frequency, threshold all effect the synth sound, but the sensitivity pot doesn't seem to be doing anything.
With all pots all the way open, IC voltages are as follows:
lm386
1: 1.33
2: 0
3: 0
4: 0
5: 4.5
6: 7.65
7: 3.86
8: 1.33

555cn
1: 0
2: 3.82
3: 3.82
4: 2.55
5: 5.06
6: 3.82
7: 2.62
8: 7.65

Hopefully its not too bad... I didn't want to go raplacing parts all willy nilly :)
Thanks to anyone who can help... Dan the Man..HELP!
-Nate

Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

slacker

sounds like there's something wrong round the 386. If you've got an audio probe use it round pin 5 of the 386 and round the 2.2uF caps you should be getting a distorted guitar sound. If you havn't got a probe use your DMM to measure AC round the same places whilst playing. You should get a couple of volts.

$uperpuma

OK.... :icon_confused: has ANYONE.....EVER...run into a bad JACK!? I'm looking at it... and one jack doesn't work. grounds out the circuit. I was getting no guitar because it was grounding before it even hit the circuit... I changed jacks now it works... and its CRAZY.hooray for audio probe.
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Dan N

That's great news! Tim Escobedo's circuits are some of the funnnest builds anywhere!