Switching between foot rocker and 2 preset pots

Started by John Lyons, May 25, 2006, 11:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

I'm currently building a manual/ foot rocker opperated state variable filter (craig anderton super tone control, mutron, etc).

What I'm doing is foot switching between these:

A foot sweepable frequency and a knob controlled frequency. A switch toggles between the two.
A preset A or B frequency setting. A switch to choose between two knob positions.

The hard part is that the frequency is controlled by a dual gang pot. 3 connections for half of the pot. 3 potts total, 21 wires!
I have it all mapped out using two switches for each function. A DPDT and a 3PDT switching 12 connections. So by stomping on the two switches simultaniously I can choose the foot rocker or l setting on the freq pot. The other set of two switches selects between A or B knobs positions. If only there were 4PDT switches in a stomp switch. I'm actaully using the extra pole as an indicator LED. (DPDT and 3PDT   as one switch action)

Is there an easier way to do this without getting more expensive? I'm up to about $35 in switches. Plus I need to double up the switches so they act as one. Maybe I'll build a Pete Cornish style BIG button to go over each pair to make it as one...

Any advise is welcome.

Thanks

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.