Ibanez replacement parts - for WH10 wah.

Started by Jim Jones, September 11, 2003, 03:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jones

Hey guys,

I'm ripping my hair out and seeing as it's not growing back it's time to ask for your help.

I've been trying to find a couple replacement pots for a friends WH10 wah - he's got a couple so I'd like to get at least two pots.  They're dual-ganged, miniature jobbies with dissimilar valued sections (I forget what they are off the top of my head.)

I've tried emailing the alleged Canadian distributor and haven't heard back after several weeks.  Is there a U.S. contact I could talk to?  Do any of you have some you could part with?

Please let me know!  Thanks!

Jim

Jim Jones

Sorry, just bumping 'er back to the top.

Jim

Jim Jones

smallbearelec

Getting Ibanez parts is a pain in the butt. If you don't have cheap long distance, buy a phone card and call Hoshino USA at 215-638-8670. Punch 3 for dealer sales and service, and tell them you've had no luck locally. They might sell to you. If they will not ship to Canada or they want too much for the international shipping, have them ship to me and I'll forward the parts ordinary mail. I have asked to sell parts for them, but, unfortunately, they will not sell directly to me.

Regards
Steve Daniels

Jim Jones

Thank you very much for the info and your generous offer, Steve!

I'll give them a call and let you know one way or the other.  Again, much appreciated!

Jim

Jim Jones

Thanks again for the info, Steve!  I spoke to Mark at Ibanez who looked into things for me.  Apparently replacement parts for this pedal haven't been available for 8 years.  :)

I seem to remember reading a post on the old forum from someone who "made" their own replacement WH10 pot.  Anyone know anything about that by chance?

Thanks!

Jim

RickL

I recently put a replacement pot into one of these for a friend. He said he was able to get it from the Ibanez distributor here in Canada, a fellow named Franco Vernucci. If this isn't the person you've already tried to contact, e-mail me privately and I'll pass his address on to you. You may also be able to contact him through www.efkaymusic.com.

I also once put the guts from a WH10 into a more sturdy wah shell. I had to make a replacement pot to work with the gear mechanism by buying two dual ganged pots and trading one wafer between the two to get the correct dual value pot. This might work in the original shell if you can get small dual-ganged pots with removable wafers but, as you know, there's not much room in there.