1st build rangemaster, update - sorted !!

Started by bobster, June 12, 2006, 02:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobster

hi folks-
i have searched everywhere for answers but keep getting stuck....
ive just made a rangemaster today using the method on GEOfex [ austin treble blaster ] . i am not using an led or a power adaptor jack , just the simplest circuit possible- im not electrically knowledgeable and only know how to switch out resistors/caps from my amps etc so i need a wee bit help here!
i used the ptp method on a little tagstrip and im very near completion with everything in the box rady to go -
i have a dp/dt switch looted from another pedal , it has 6 little contacts on it and i dont need true bypass or anything , just need to know simplest way to finish the wiring
so here's what i need to know -
1 - which tag on switch to put 0.01 output cap from pot wiper
2 - which tag on switch to put 0.005 input cap from tag board/transisistor base
3 - where to put the output jack wire on switch
4 - where to put black/neg battery wire
5 - how to wire input jack to switch
6 - do i put a wire between both jacks from sleeve to sleeve [ and is sleeve same as earth/ground ? ]

if someone can tell me how to finish the above i'd be delighted !
many thanks - rob
UPDATE- managed to decipher enough schems to get the battery wired up right! very cool wee box should be mucho fun@gigs-
btw, i used old style carb comps ,mustard caps and mullard oc44 and it is remarkably quiet with hardly any hiss for the crazy amount of level boost it provides- lucked out good for a first build!
cheers and thanks - rob

jimbob

I use this still

http://www.tonepad.com -then fx projects
and go to RANGEMASTER

and wiring

http://www.tonepad.com- fx projects - then

go to offboard wiring

that should do it
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

bobster

hi jim,
thanks for reply but i couldn't get those pages to download :-{
does anyone have a copy of the mthey could e mail me    [ rej5963@hotmail.com ] or post here ?
thanks - bob

Mark F

I DL'd the Offboard wiring PDF & E-Mailed it to you @ the address you posted. I hope that helps. It's pretty thorough. ;D Good Luck & Welcome to the Forum! :icon_wink:

bobster

hi mark- much appreciated !
im looking forward to hearing the little bugger !
cheers - bob

bobster

ok , nearly there + still a little confused !
im getting some sound but very very quiet - had to turn amp up real high and sound just audible...
switch makes a nice pop sound [no pulldown resistors ] and it appears to boost the pathetically quiet signal to just above pathetically quiet !
i think i might have  got the battery wiring wrong- i have the red wire to ring of input jack and the black wire to dp/dt switch [6 lugs ] on same side as output jack , bottom right lug with a jumper going to bottom left lug. [ this was guesswork on my part ]
can anyone tell me the right way to wire in the battery ?
thanks - bob

jimbob

Quotei have the red wire to ring of input jack and the black wire to dp/dt switch
???? The black wire of the battery cable should go to the board.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"