Author Topic: So, I have all the parts for the beginner project...  (Read 10289 times)

KORGULL

Re: So, I have all the parts for the beginner project...
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 01:11:15 AM »
Input cap = .1uF
Output cap = 10uF

basically whatever line goes from the part, like... the 22uf has a line that goes to the 100k.
Yes.
and what about the 10k and 47k that cross the line vertically? do i connect them all together or what?
Yup. Connect all four of those parts that intersect there.

*It is hard to tell in this schematic if those parts should all connect or if the vertically running ones are supposed to be independent of the horizontal ones. I like it when they use a dot to show that they all connect, or a little half-loop to show that they do not.
If you look at the very bottom right of the page in this link you will see what I mean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_diagram#Linkages
Numbers one, four and six look the same but can have opposite meanings. I'm just pointing this out to you for future reference. I'm 99% sure all four of those parts connect here.

Do you have a breadboard? If not, you should. They are the best way to test out circuits by trial and error. You just plug the parts into the board and if you do something wrong, you can just pull it right out and try again.

I'm off to bed now. Good luck.

aron

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 05:32:35 AM »
They all connect as shown. Good luck!

vikingtyty

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 10:05:36 PM »
soldering is hard, haha.

any tips? is it bad to have too much solder on the joints? because, i don't think i have TOO much, but it's definitely not the neatest thing in the world.

aron

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 10:47:39 PM »
Just take your time. I would get one of those solder sucker bulbs or syringe looking things. They can take off solder pretty easily if you put too much.