Signal Splitter for two FX pedal.

Started by somasix, June 15, 2006, 10:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somasix

Some cursory searches have give me a bit of info, but I'm not entirely sure where to go to find a schematic that will allow me to split my guitar signal and route it into two different FX (in one box, then mixed back together).  Any direction, including articles in GEOFEX would be much appreciated.  For me this is entirely an issue of "I'm not sure the proper wording to use the search feature to its ideal".  Thanks everybody.

somasix

Let me amend that a bit, signal from guitar goes into the splitter, into effect A, gets processed by A, then processed again by B, then out in stereo, or into B, gets processed by B, then processed again by A, then out in stereo, or A and B in tandem, but as two separate effects.  I hope that makes it seem like I'm not just here on a fishing expedition.  Thanks.

R.G.

Driving two effects is much easier than driving two guitar amps. Just use an opamp buffer and that can usually drive several to many effects with no noticeable losses.

Likewise, mixing two effects back together is pretty simple. The inverting summer is a classic opamp circuit that was old when Craig Anderton was a boy.

Take a look a the Multi-Vol - http://geofex.com/Article_Folders/multivol/multivol.htm

It has a high impedance input buffer that drives up to six outputs. If you ignore the internal volume controls and just make all of the sections be the input/output jacks for the external effect, you have a schematic for a six way version of what you're trying to do.

The "stereo" note you put in worries me a little. Not that it's complicated - you just double everything up - but it makes understanding what you're doing more difficult, and makes all the pots be duals, that kind of thing.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

somasix

Thanks guys, I appreciate your direction.  I look forward to getting into these articles.