Spakledrive on vero board anywhere? ..and afew other questions.

Started by rosssurf, June 27, 2006, 02:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosssurf

I am interested in building this howerver being kind of new to this i really need a layout on Vero strip board.  Is the "sparkle boost" the same thing basically?

Can I use a something other than an NTE458? Could I just twist the legs around? I have MPSA18's 2N3904's and J201's  would any ofthese work? Is one better than the other

Dragonfly

Quote from: rosssurf on June 27, 2006, 02:34:57 AM
I am interested in building this howerver being kind of new to this i really need a layout on Vero strip board.  Is the "sparkle boost" the same thing basically?

totally different things...the "sparkle drive" is basically a tube screamer with a "mix" knob to mix in some clean signal...its a opamp based effect...

the "sparkle boost" is a jfet based "clean boost" pedal, that *can* get some really light overdrive sounds...

Can I use a something other than an NTE458? Could I just twist the legs around? I have MPSA18's 2N3904's and J201's  would any ofthese work? Is one better than the other

you can use the J201's ....there are several threads which detail using them....just do a "search" of the forum...

enjoy,
   AC