Jen's HF modulator

Started by oldrocker, June 27, 2006, 10:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldrocker

I've just breadboarded this and I'm trying to decide if it's worth building or not.  Has anyone else built one of these and if so what and how are you using it?  It's a very interesting sound effect but I'm not sure if it's musical though.  I like how the oscillation changes speed depending on which note you're playing.

Wild Zebra

I never got mine to work.  Sound sample would be nice! As far as building "beauty is in the ear of the beholder"
"your stripes are killer bro"

turing

yes, one of my first builds. i love it for its unpredictability...........i put it in a box with the anderton tube fuzz, to add the random factor to the balls out stylings of the anderton.
i do favour this approach anyway, but i reckon it is one to be mixed with other fx. then just tweak the balance enough for the overtones to come through and roughen up the sound. not for tone merchants, but i love it.

oldrocker

Yes Turing,  After messing around with it for an hour just to see what it does I found a setting that adds a touch of overtones and a slight ring.  If I use my opamp Muff Fuzz and the HFM it has an octive up two note distortion sound.  It might have some uses in my sound effects collection.