removing the strong pulse in my the Neovibe

Started by powerplayj, June 27, 2006, 12:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powerplayj

First, everything seems to work OK and I have experimented with the position of the LDR's to get them situated somewhat.  I also used some trim pots for R35 and R36 to get the phasing to a pleasing mixture and then replaced the pots with resistors.  However, it now seems to be a throbbing tone (like a heartbeat) with a sudden onset and release as opposed to a smoother attack.  The intensity knob doesn't seem to alleviate this either.  Should I go back and adjust the mixture once more or is this a symptom of another problem?
builds completed: boutique fuzz, rangemaster, BSIAB2, PT-80, Tonepad wah, Ross Comp, Axis Fuzz, MOSFET boost, Thunderchief, Big Muff (triangle), Mr. EQ, Dr. Boogey,  Neovibe, Dist+, EA Tremelo, ADA Flanger, RM Octavia
next build(s): ???

BDuguay

Does the throbbing occur after you've covered up the LED/LDR assemblies, or boxed everything up?

powerplayj

Haven't boxed it up but it does occur with and without the cap on the 35mm film canister assembly.
builds completed: boutique fuzz, rangemaster, BSIAB2, PT-80, Tonepad wah, Ross Comp, Axis Fuzz, MOSFET boost, Thunderchief, Big Muff (triangle), Mr. EQ, Dr. Boogey,  Neovibe, Dist+, EA Tremelo, ADA Flanger, RM Octavia
next build(s): ???