Simple easy question The Rangemaster Mullard OC44 "E"

Started by jimbob, July 24, 2006, 01:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

Is the red dot on this the emitter? It works both ways - just one way has less gain. I bought at smallbear black  glass package.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

cd

Red dot = collector.  But they can be used both ways.  Use whichever sounds best.

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

MartyMart

Made a similar mistake with my batch of OC140's (CV7112 Mil spec Ge NPN)
They are a slightly different case and can be used "either way" around with virtually no
difference !  bi-polar ?

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jimbob

QuoteOC140's (CV7112 Mil spec Ge NPN)

I had that issue as well until I read a thread at Arons store explaining it can be used both ways. So far thats my favorite transistor.

hairyandy

Quote from: cd on July 24, 2006, 01:11:28 PM
Red dot = collector.  But they can be used both ways.  Use whichever sounds best.

Exactly.  I think with the correct orientation (ie: red dot=collector) it will sound best and have more gain but that's for you to decide.
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery