Author Topic: dumba$$ noob question .....  (Read 3252 times)

Mordred

• Contributor
  • My name is Allan. Pleased to meet you all
dumba$$ noob question .....
« on: July 28, 2006, 07:41:59 AM »
I have built the Tweek-O and the One Knob Fat Fuzz.
I want to power them from an external 9v AC adapter and install an LED into the boxes.

So my question is do I have to use a 3dpt switch or can I use a spdt switch?
 - If the spdt switch can be used, how would I connect the LED and the power jack?

And I know that I should know better than to ask the question, but I'll ask it anyway  :icon_redface:  If I can only use the 3pdt switch, is the following schematic a good standard guide for the wiring for an LED and power jack:
  http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album17/BOUTIQUE_1969_FUZZ_FACE

Thanks all for your help and I'll try not to be too dense in the future  :icon_rolleyes:

GibsonGM

• more
  • Awesome!
  • Mike Parker (aka. Guitar Mike, Parks, etc)
Re: dumba$$ noob question .....
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 09:11:14 AM »
You probably could do it using a switching adapter jack + spdt, with a Millenium bypass (search the forum).  At the end of the day, the DPDT or 3PDT would probably be easier, tho  ;)  Just my 2 cents..
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

aron

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 01:33:14 PM »
I would use a 3PDT if you are a beginner. MUCH easier. As for the led, how to wire etc... check out the DIY FAQ link above.  ;)

Mordred

• Contributor
  • My name is Allan. Pleased to meet you all
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 09:11:11 AM »
Aron, Gibson ... Thanks guys.
I thought that might be the case.

Now I just have to find a supplier in the UK for some 3PDT switches..  :icon_mrgreen:

aron

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 03:56:13 PM »
I ship to the UK as well. See STORE above.