Yet another BMP finished

Started by jimbob, July 28, 2006, 01:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

This is my 3rd or 4th one but definitely the best one yet. This is the 3rd triangle muff but this one somehow sounds the very best. I dont think I did anything alll that different except I used whatever I had lying around. I even etched the board from cheapo radioshack board. That stuff is way too thin but I did it anyways, and it worked! I had to add to the board with a sharpie but it came out really decent. Im really going to have to order the good stuff from steve soon.

Anyways, Instead of the 12k I used 10k. For caps I went with the  .1 poly greenies- no electros this time. For the 3k3 I used a 1.5k, also for the 2.7k i use another 1.5k. For dioded i used 1n914's. For transistors I used 4 2n5089's. I had 3 russian pots around from a black bmp and those were 100ka, 100ka, 100kb- but you had to look closer to the back of the pots where it showed r4a, r4a, r4b. Under that  they all had a 100km. I figured it out.

And thats it- Nothing new or suprising. I just used whatever I had around (just like EH did :) ) And I actually had most of what was required. A lot of the time I was off a little on most the parts and yet it turned out decent anyways. This time its so much better. I think Ill get a Raco for this one as everything else was just extra and misc.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

burnt fingers

It's funny, but with dirt boxes sometimes low budget whatever you have is what has the mojo to make the thing so cool. 

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

343 Salty Beans

It's just like the old EHX muffs...they just kinda threw in whatever parts they had lying around at the time...The fun of random experimentation.

petemoore

It's just like the old EHX muffs...they just kinda threw in whatever parts they had lying around at the time...The fun of random experimentation.
  From a mass production viewpoint, it's a great design that's not too terribly particular about exactness.
  A circuit being very 'demanding' for accuracy when it's in short supply would throw a wrench in the 'production gears'.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.