rebote 2.5 tonepad delay

Started by jimbob, July 31, 2006, 09:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I building one at the moment and don't seem to have the exact values. Is this the kind of circuit that is picky about exact values? For example instead of 12k I'm using 10k, instead of 24k I'm using 22k, 39k instead of 33k, .02 instead of .027, 220k instead of 240k.

Also, about the 5v 78l05 regulator. I don't think I have that. What could I use instead that is more redable available?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

$uperpuma

electronics stores that carry NTE parts will have that power regulator, I'm trying to build one too and running into the same problems with exact values... any help?
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

tiges_ tendres

i was pretty sloppy with my parts on this.  I used 0.1 uf instead of 0.082

I got very little sound at first, audio probed the signal to a 510k resistor above the 9v wire.  I jumpered the resistor and now it works fine.

great unit.

the 5v regualtor is a must though.  without it, you'll knacker the pt2399
Try a little tenderness.

sfr

I believe when I built mine, I used a 5V regulator from Radio Shack. 
sent from my orbital space station.

blanik

i had to jump .015uF and .068uF to get close to the .082uF... i finally ordered the .082 and the sound didn't change at all so i guess if your close to the original values...
for the 5V regulator, i think you can't avoid it... but it's really cheap at Small Bear (45 cents)!!!
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=240
the moste expensive part is the shipping so if you order it you might as well get the resistors or caps you're missing, it'll cost you under 10$ for shure... (if you have the patience to wait for the mail...lol)

R.