[TS-808] Building Project

Started by DVB_master, August 19, 2006, 05:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chieljan

Hey! Looking very good, nice shiny green:) I just finished my TS808 using metal film 0,6W resistors: works like a... well, something that works very good!!! And they are said to be less noisy, so...

Anyway, would like to hear those mp3's, to see if it sounds a bit like mine, so I know I've done things right. Success on building yours!
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness or Duder or El Duderino if you're not into that whole brevity thing.

DVB_master

Ok, resistors are ok! I know that 2SC1518 and 2N3904 have different pinout. Anyway is there any tone or noise difference between them?
I got both of them....
THX

petemoore

I know that 2SC1518 and 2N3904 have different pinout. Anyway is there any tone or noise difference between them?
  If these are buffer transistors, and are both about the same...med gain NpN si's...no. ..or very very little.
  I'd just go 5088 if in doubt.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

chieljan

If you can, use MPSA18. They worked great for me, no noise at all. Wouldn't know about the other ones, sorry, but I guess they'd work just fine....
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness or Duder or El Duderino if you're not into that whole brevity thing.

DVB_master

FINISHED my first project! and it works ok (I think) ;D . Here's a stupid question from a boy (me  ;D) that doesn't know how 3pdt switches work: The red led turns on only when input cable is inserted in the jack. is it normal? another question: the voltage measured between the metal chassis and the negative pole of the battery in 9v. Is it ok, or should it be 0v? (if isn't normal maybe yesterday I was very very tired... ;D) Anyway the pedal works good. If I can, I'll post some mp3s as promised...
Thanks to all for your support!  ;)

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

QuoteThe red led turns on only when input cable is inserted in the jack. is it normal?

Yes, if you wired the input jack to disconnect the battery when there's no plug inserted (by using a stereo input jack). If there's no plug the negative side of the battery is disconnected from ground, that means no power to the whole circuit including the LED.
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

DVB_master

ok, thanks, very clear now! ;) If I leave the input jack inserted does the battery discharge? I think no, because the led is turned off, right?
can somebody suggest me a good way to post mp3s?

didier

Quote from: DVB_master on September 06, 2006, 02:13:38 PM
ok, thanks, very clear now! ;) If I leave the input jack inserted does the battery discharge? I think no, because the led is turned off, right?
can somebody suggest me a good way to post mp3s?

depends how you wired up the circuit, your battery is not only needed for the led...

it will also discharge when its off
Complete: TS-808; LPB2; Orange Squeezer; Green Ringer; Foxx Tone Machine; LM3886 PowerAmp.
To Be Completed: DOD440; Professor Tweed; LHX; Real McTube 2; Rebote 2.5 Delay; ETI MN3011 Reverb;