Would this work if added to a pedal?

Started by KerryF, August 25, 2006, 05:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KerryF

Ok, so I had this in another thread, but it never got answered and I cant find the thread anymore.  So, I disigned a distortion type pedal, and I would like to add some frequency boosts to the pedal.  So, I looked at a schematic for the Red Ranger and tried to take out the frequency boost area.  Heres the schematic I came up with:

So, will this work if it is added into the middle of a distortion circuit?  Any suggestions to it?  The switch is a DPDT center off.

Thanks,
Kerry  ;D

GibsonGM

It's not real clear where you're switching from, and where to, 800.  I'm troubled by the 9V on the signal...what's up with that?  Why not just add an active frequency boost after the distortion section?  Could do it with a tranny or op amp.  Or get a very high level and use a high pass filter?  Or HPF and recovery section....lots of easy ways to boost selected freq's, esp. with OA's, as the bandwidth is much narrower...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

KerryF

Gibson, can you maybe draw me up a schematic that can be added to boost treble in one position, and to boost bass in the other position?  That would help me alot, thanks.

petemoore

Gibson, can you maybe draw me up a schematic that can be added to boost treble in one position, and to boost bass in the other position?
  Take a look at the The TC on the BMP,
  *AMZ Labs Notebook
  passive tone controls divide signal, achieving unity may not be possible without a signal recovery / active component.
  The pre tone control pot and caps in front of the Rangemaster [on the Apollo Treble and Bass Booster] is a way of controlling tone.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.