Fuzz Central making a Comeback!

Started by phillip, August 30, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillip

Hey guys!  I haven't been around in a while, but I'm happy to announce that Fuzz Central will be getting a complete facelift, complete with new hosting, in the very near future.  Once I've completed the new website, I will begin adding new projects to the site once again.

The Schematics & PCBs section will also be making a long-awaited return.

The site will hopefully feature a lot of PHP features, making it very easy and trouble-free for me to maintain and update.

The biggest surprise...the website will no longer be called Fuzz Central.  Along with a new website, it will also be getting a new name!  No worries though, it will feature the same great content...still completely free...just more of it!

I would like to thank Aron and all the members of Aron's Forum for their continued support over the past FIVE YEARS that Fuzz Central has been around.  Here's looking forward to another 5 years!

Phillip - Fuzz Central

tungngruv

yeah Phillip, I know I miss your Schematic and PCB page alot. Glad to hear it's getting a facelift and updates.

KerryF

Thats great.  I havent been making pedals for very long, but have definately read your site and its great.  I cant wait for more stuff on there!

bluesdevil

Glad you're getting back into it.. Really looking forward to seeing the new site!!!!
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

captntasty

Hey, welcome back!  You and I may not have "history" but I can say that I was one of the first to hop on to your board, took a break for a while and returned to, well..... "hello, anybody in here?"... (sound of crickets).  Hope all is well for you with respect to whatever kept you away.
Peace
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

dr

......excellent!....the fender blender I built from your site kicks ass, Phillip!!!!thanks!!!!

formerMember1

markm

Very, Very Cool  :icon_cool:
Please keep us updated on the progress.
I can't wait!!

Fret Wire

Hi Phillip, good news about your site. :icon_cool: It'll be nice to see you around again. :icon_smile:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Pushtone

Great news.

I hope you can retain the fuzz central URL so typing it in will forward you to the new URL.

You probably alreay thought of this, baby stuff compaired to PHP.

Good luck on your next 5 years!!
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

tcobretti

I've been waiting a couple of years for the schems to be back up!  Better late than never!

Pedal love

Thank you, Phillip. You've been a real oasis, for the diy community for years. Many more!pl

vanessa

Quote from: tcobretti on August 31, 2006, 12:54:27 AM
I've been waiting a couple of years for the schems to be back up!  Better late than never!

archive.org

phillip

Thanks guys!  Hopefully it won't take too long to muck through all the HTML.  Since I have to redo ALL the HTML on the site, it may take a week or two to get it all finished.

Working on it tonight I have the "template" pretty much finished and everything appears to work just fine.  Now the challenge comes when adapting all the main content to the new design.

Phillip

MartyMart

That's great news Phillip :D

Vanessa, thanks for that, I was able to find quite a few of the "old" schematics, though
many come up with "Path error" ..... worth a try though :D
( the later 2004 list pages seemed to provide the initial connection )

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Dragonfly

very cool !  FC was one of my original sources of inspiration....looking forward to the new site !

AC

Moonface

Awesome! I have been waiting some updates over a year now...  :-X

Moonface
a.k.a
Matlock @ Fuzz Cent. forum

petemoore

New Name eh ? I can't count the times I've linked to FC.
  Facelifts...cool !
  *Schematics and PCB's...havne't used a PCB, but nice to know these are coming back...Cool !
  Great schematics and Related Texts...FC has been inspirational around here !!!
  Thanks Phillip, I'm looking foreward to seeing the new site / results of your work !!

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

AL

:icon_cool:

Great news Phillip. I really like your layouts. Looking forward to seeing the new site.

AL

KerryF

Any news on the Schematics and PCB section.  I have been checking a lot and still nothing.  I cant wait to see it!  :)