Kansas City DIY Suppliers

Started by Kholinar, November 10, 2006, 12:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kholinar

Hey... I'm pretty new to all this.  I've been ordering a ton of stuff online and was wondering if anyone here might know of some KC area suppliers that are open to small quantity purchasers.  I did find Electronics Supply on Main in K.C. Mo, but I'm looking for options. 

Any replies would be greatly appreciated. :D

jimbob

I used to go that same one on main. (small world!) They were a little pricey and service wasnt so great either, but unfortunately i couldnt find anyplace else in that area except the ratshack. You can always go down to the musiciansfriend clearance center on front street and buy broken effects pedals and gut them or fix them. Thats only about 5 miles away from there.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Kholinar

Ha... hey thanks for the reply.  I had read about your exploits.  I used to look at all those pedals and think they were trashed... funny how perspectives change. :) 

jimbob

Back in the day I would go in there and ask the mgr "what the lowest they were willing to take for the different effects" but eventually they changed the way they did things and last time in was in Kc. they were asking the same price as listed w no deductions. For a pedal that would sell new at 90$ they would ask 65$ for used and broken. Now that was just to retarded to comply with. It was great while it lasted.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"