Hello Hello Andy--
       Q 2  collector is 2K2 on my schematic.
Brian.

Dragonfly

Quote from: brianwenz on November 09, 2006, 11:53:40 PM
Hello Hello Andy--
       Q 2  collector is 2K2 on my schematic.
Brian.

cool...thanks Brian....sol its just the "82 ohm" thats off...should be "820 ohm"....

cool....

AC

phillip

I dunno guys...Stuart has owned real ones, so he's had access to the actual circuit boards.  I'd take his word for it since other schematics might've been drawn from a single original which had a resistor that was read incorrectly.

Phillip

brianwenz

Hello Hello--
       The schematic that I'm looking at was on the Fuzz Central site and was traced by Stuart.   Did he make a mistake when he read the res. value?     82 ohms is such an odd value.....has anybody built this fuzz??  [I guess if anybody DID build it they used the 820 ohm res.]   This is one of the few Fuzz Face-type circuits that uses different trannys for Q1 and Q2.
  Maybe this should be a new  thread??
Brian.

alfafalfa

Hi,

I have some old Ampage info on the range,master including a couple of pictures, don't know if I'm allowed to post them here, however. Here is one:

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/alfafalfa/?action=view&current=View9.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

RG  was given one to have a closer look at it.  The OC 71 should originally be an OC44.

Alf

Dragonfly

Quote from: phillip on November 10, 2006, 12:38:09 AM
I dunno guys...Stuart has owned real ones, so he's had access to the actual circuit boards.  I'd take his word for it since other schematics might've been drawn from a single original which had a resistor that was read incorrectly.

Phillip

stuart is generallry "right on"...i'll give you that....

i just dont think it'll bias with those values....in fact, even with the 820R/2k2 combo it'll take some "serious" hfe selection to get any kind of biasing happening...i'll try to find a few minutes to breadboard it today though, just to be sure...

AC

brianwenz

Hello Hello--
     Hey Andy, check yer email!
Brian.

phillip

It's confirmed guys...the resistor is 82 ohms, not 820.  Stuart emailed me and said that the resistor measured 81.7 ohms and the voltage on Q2's collector was 7.02V.  It was just misread the first time as being 820 ohms instead of the correct 82 ohms.

Phillip