Been busy with SkyRipper Fuzz (clip)

Started by tungngruv, October 05, 2006, 12:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tungngruv

I'm in the process now of recording some clips using my SkyRipper to update it's page on my site. It's been a while since I built my first one but I can honestly say that this pedal is constantly spitting out new sounds. I actually have to make myself have my camera ready when goofing with it so I don't miss a sound as they come. Still an ubelievable fuzz after months of playing it. But until I get the whole page/site updated, here's a small clip of what this pedal does with just a small amount of knob tweaking. Believe me, just scratching the surface (barely). Lot's more coming soon, hopefully by early Dec.

http://home.grics.net/tungngruv/SR/SRipper_Helicopter_Rip_Range.AVI

Tamir

John Lyons

Oh to have a fast internet connection.... 5.4 mb would take me over an hour to download.
I can only get dial up here (rural)
I imagine it sounds good though...

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

RedHouse

Quote from: Basicaudio on October 05, 2006, 07:57:01 PM
Oh to have a fast internet connection.... 5.4 mb would take me over an hour to download.
I can only get dial up here (rural)
I imagine it sounds good though...

John

Same here.

tungngruv

Sorry about the file size. Here are the samples in mp3 format. The SkyRipper is very musical, capable of a lot of great tones and effects. Most are touch sensitive, controlled by picking and guitar knob volume. The following are just short "noises" I got with little or no playing. The good stuff I want to post all at one time on my site, complete with AVI's, mp3's and a list of where the controls are set to get the sounds. Anyway, here are a couple easily downloadable clips:

Fun with the helicopter:
http://home.grics.net/tungngruv/SR/Helicopter.mp3

Get your own DJ to "scratch" between notes:
http://home.grics.net/tungngruv/SR/RecordScratch.mp3

John Lyons

Woohoo! Thanks for the New small size clips for those of us living in the stone age. Dig those chopper sounds.

There are a bunch of more "musical" skyripper clips (and others) on tungngruv's site linked above.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

tungngruv

QuoteThere are a bunch of more "musical" skyripper clips (and others) on tungngruv's site linked above.

Thanks John, if you liked the old clips, just wait...... I've been really getting to know this fuzz :icon_twisted:

LP Hovercraft

:D  That thing's great isn't it?  I love the honking rubbery tones you can get it to squeal!  Pretty amazing that the Rip is just a rangemaster-fuzz with a handful of extra mods.  My favorite is running my Skyripper into my Maestro FSH clone.  Instant one oscillator synth whose pitch is controlled by any number of knobs on the Skyripper.

Tamir

What a GREAT Fuzz! wow! cool playing as well, maybe I'll think about building it, sound realy cool.
BTW, it is not that I don't like cool psychedelic sounds, but you can't do it al the time right? :)