foam for battery?

Started by nag hammadi, October 01, 2006, 05:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nag hammadi

i don't like how hard the battery clip holder things pinch my batteries.  it brings back bad memories of being pinched on the cheek by weird old relatives.

i much prefer the foam thing.

at this point i have stolen the foam inserts from half of our stock of pickups' boxes at the shop... much to the boss' dismay.

anybuddy know where you canreliably find them without having to buy a duncan pickup?  :)
in the face of you all i stand defiant - subhumans

burnt fingers

You might try  craft shop.  They sell foam for crafts and stuff. 

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

nag hammadi

funny you should say that.  i went to han%^&* fabrics today, but the only thing i could find was about an inch thick.

maybe i could cut a slit into a piece of it and slide the battery in.

like han did to the taun taun.

i did see some weird faux alligator skin stuff there that would be a cool bottom surface.

burnt fingers

I've used the thick stuff,  I cut a rectangle of it about a half an inch larger than the batteries width and length.  Then I trace the batter on it and cut out the middle.  It makes a little batter hoder out of foam.  You can then glue it to the insid of your enclosure. 

You can see one in this pic of a DOD 250 I made for a friend.
http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album49/250_guts

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

nag hammadi

cool.  that looks like it would work just fine.  i think i will try that AND the "battery in a foam pita" method described above to see which i like better.  i often like to use small enclosures and end up placing the battery on top of the pots, so i may use the envelope method on those...

i think i just invented some terminology.

i am really smart  :icon_rolleyes:

markm

I like the clips for the BB size enclosures.
I just spread her....I mean,  :icon_redface: I spread the legs of the clip apart a little bit so that it holds snugly.
No issues.

any

I use harder styrofoam that get's used to ship heavy equipment.
In this case the packaging foam of my Koch twintone amp:

I works great and it won't disintegrate like a MXR crumble foam nightmare...
It's supposed to sound that way.