Danelectro Fab Distortion

Started by robrhy, October 21, 2006, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robrhy

New to modding so i need all the help i can get,looking through the site and found this http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=46236.0
Then i read this,

Quote from: newbie builder on June 16, 2006, 03:34:05 PM
So would I just cut the wires to the existing footswitch

Yep, you can cut the existing footswitch out and just solder a jumper wire where the switch wires were. Thusly, the pedal will always be "on". Your new jacks and 3PDT will add true bypass which ends up sort of turning the pedal off.

Looked simple until i had a look in my fab dist.and i'm now totally lost.So my question is which wires do i cut so the pedal is on all the time.I'm not adding tb or doing anything else to the pedal just want it to be on all the time...THANKS

petemoore

Yep, you can cut the existing footswitch out and just solder a jumper wire where the switch wires were. Thusly, the pedal will always be "on". Your new jacks and 3PDT will add true bypass which ends up sort of turning the pedal off.
  I'd be certain it comes up 'on after powerdown/ups. Cutting one of the switch wires where it could be repaired.
  Should be two wires from switch [area] to board. The offboard switch circuit is a simple momentary contact switch, idle state would be open circuit.
Looked simple until i had a look in my fab dist.and i'm now totally lost.So my question is which wires do i cut so the pedal is on all the time.I'm not adding tb or doing anything else to the pedal just want it to be on all the time...THANKS
  Ok...I surmize the FAB D comes up in bypass state. Try to pick an accessible place to work with/cut 1 switch wire.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.