3 Danelectro FAB pedals put into my guitar

Started by theblueark, October 24, 2006, 12:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theblueark

I put the FAB overdrive, delay and chorus into my guitar,  all with true bypass switching.

The FAB Echo was originally a really short, slapback delay, but I modified it to have a control for delay length. Thanks to the guy that posted the mod about 1-2 months back. Solved my whole problem of finding a delay on a small circuit board.

Thanks to everyone for every bit I learnt on this board too  ;D

Pics pics pics:

Just thought I'd share, the FAB effects can be made always on by shorting pin 7 to pin 12 on the 4013 flip flop, or technically, the Vss to Q2'.

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

dominatrix_volleyball

Agreed.

And that artwork is awesome... totally goes with all those knobs.

Nalo1022

Well thats the fanciest enclosure I've seen yet. The fab echo is actually a really great little pedal with the length mod.

RaceDriver205

lol, "some spoons are evil". How do you stomp on the effects if your playing your guitar? Must be hard to get a leg up there.  :D
You should keep the old FAB boxes - (edit: to use for DIY effects)

theblueark

I'm using 2pdt toggle switches to bypass the effects. Was deciding between that and keeping the buffered bypass but decided yo keep it true bypass so i could use the guitar as a normal passive one without batteries.

The old FAB boxes are plastic and have a unique switching mechanism. I'd stick with the hammonds  :icon_biggrin:

idlechatterbox

Mark Hammer

I like a guy (or gal for that matter) with a sense of humour. :icon_wink:

I'm trying to imagine Trey Anastasio playing that thing. :icon_lol:  I think his fingers would get stuck!

RedHouse

dano12

theblueark

Quote from: Nalo1022 on October 24, 2006, 02:15:14 AM
Well thats the fanciest enclosure I've seen yet. The fab echo is actually a really great little pedal with the length mod.

Ahh, Nalo, you're the one who introduced the idea of modding the fab echo. Thanks for that thread you started  ;D

Bernardduur

Impressive!

LOVE the drawing on the guitar!
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account