led or switch problem

Started by Guite Lectrique, November 02, 2006, 11:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guite Lectrique

Hi everyone,

I built a looper pedal and it works very well. No problem with the sound or the loop switching. The problem is that the led doesn't work when it's on the pedal board and it works once in a while when it's opened. I checked the solder and they all are fine and I can't find any shorts. What could be the problem here? Is the switch faulty (I use a 3DPT switch that I bought here from Aron, the blue one)? I use a 560? (green-brown-brown-gold) resistor for the led is that correct and can that be the problem?

Thanks for the help

MikeH

Sounds like the power connection to your LED is getting shorted out when you close it up.  A bad switch would probably effect the audio too, plus Aron tests his, so I don't think that's it.  Green Brown-Brown is 510 ohms.  A bit on the low side, but it should work.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

Guite Lectrique

Thanks!

I'll check it. You confirmed my thoughts about the switch. I don't think the switch is the problem neither but I thought it was worth mentioning it, just in case.

Thanks again

Izzy

I usually use 2.2k to 4.7 for LED. But I think when you close your box  some thing might be touching your LEDs terminal.