Small Regulator board layout -Anyone have one?

Started by boogietube, November 04, 2006, 02:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boogietube

I want to add some regulation and power supply filtering to my future diy effects. Polarity protection would be nice too.  Does anyone have a decent layout? I really don't know how to accomplish this. I'm assuming that it's probably a 78L09, a 220uf cap and a zener diode, in some sort of configuration. This is from some of the things I have read here. Please help.
Thanks
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

Seljer

something like this http://aronnelson.com/gallery/Layouts/9V_filter ?

I don't think that 78L09 would work, as those need a 1 or 2V headroom the regulate properely

Xavier

Yes that's my small layout. Simply ask for a 9,1V Zener. Mine just happened to have that name, but I guess there must be hundreds of them.

To me this is a small add on circuit that works like a charm. It effectively cuts hum and gives 9,1 V no matter what crappy wallwart you use at the input (my "9V DC adapter" measures 11,45V really.....)

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Before anyone says "but there is no resistor running to that zener!", there is.... but it's the resistance of the output winding of the plugpack... which I can't say is good practice...

boogietube

I was looking for a circuit with a 78L09 or similar , with filtering and polarity protection.
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808