simple flange?

Started by PKV, November 08, 2006, 12:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PKV

:icon_idea:is there a circuit in existence that can create a duplicate of the input signal and have a control to detune it, or will it not be as interesting without the delay a flange normally incorporates? my zoom 505 has one or two interesting presets, one of which is a doubling effect which has several selections that seem to change the doubled pitch slightly. I like the simplicity of this and was thinking it might make a good circuit if there is none out there, perhaps with a feedback loop for some resonance? does this make sense to anyone? or is this just not that simple? any help would be greatly appreciated.

RaceDriver205

not sure about your post, but the ultra flange is a fairly simple flanger.

sfr

Ultra flanger is really cool, and a fairly simple build (minimal components, pretty easy with the PCB layout at Geofex) and sounds awesome ...

except for the noise.  I'm going to start playing with shielded wires in various positions, which I hope will help, but when I dial in anything more than a subtle effect, the line noise is pretty bad.  I haven't had a chance to try it in a full band context, where it may be okay, but damn is it noisy right now.
sent from my orbital space station.