Inverting the gain of a MOSFET Boost

Started by zpyder, November 13, 2006, 05:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zpyder

Howdy ya'll,

I'm wondering if there is a simple way to 'invert' the amount of gain I get from a MOSFET boost.  I would like to create 1 MOSFET boost hardwired to ~ +10dB of gain, and another with ~ -10dB.  The idea here is to amplify a mic signal to instrument level, pass through an FX circuit, and then lower back to mic level.

thanks in advance,
zpyder
www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.

KerryF

^- strange idea, but maybe you can use a compressor?  or maybe you can just set the gain on 1 with a fixed resistor, and then have the other be just plain without a pedal.

zpyder

maybe all I need to do is attenuate the output signal via a resistor to ground...?  Maybe I was looking at this way too complicated-like

zpyder
www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.

R.G.

Quotemaybe all I need to do is attenuate the output signal via a resistor to ground...?  Maybe I was looking at this way too complicated-like
A resistor divider won't work for you?

A 75KK>33K divider is just about -10db, (that is, 1/3.16 of the incoming signal level).
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.