EE electroic engineer designer basics please

Started by markphaser, November 19, 2006, 12:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.G.

The answer is that you are currently failing the Turing Test. Please try again.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

markphaser

U failed to u haven't listed anything maybe u don't know as much as u front on people

Meanderthal

Do you even know what a Turing test is? I'll give ya a hint- getting all petty and bitter is coming pretty close to passing... if ya handle it the right way.

If you want to know R.G.'s credentials, go look him up. Try google for instance. You can do that, you know, if you're not a bot. After you do, maybe you'll understand why he feels no need to prove himself to you. I challenge you to prove he's not who and what he "front on people"!

And, for that matter, you were addressing H.C. and suddenly act as if the latest barrage of questions was directed at R.G. The least you could do is remember who you're attacking.

I never knew Yoda was a troll...
I am not responsible for your imagination.

markphaser

why he feels no need to prove himself to you

Its a two way street not a one way street i don't have to prove myself to him either he acts like everyone rolls out the red carpet for him
which is not someone i want to look up too really

puretube

Allow me to invite both of You, R.G., and mp, for a cup of tea,
a glass of wine,
a (bottle of) beer,
or (any) other drink you prefer
towards the end of next month.

There will not be a red carpet;
There will be a great firework, however!
dress as you like.

The road from me to You
is as long and winding
as the road from You to me...

Meanderthal

QuoteIts a two way street

And here we get right down to the meat and potatoes... the two way street.

What has R.G. contributed to the diy stompbox community? Would we even exist without him? The reason people roll out the red carpet for him is because he has very much EARNED that kind of respect.

In exchange for what must be the single most overwhelming contribution of information, experience, and solid advice in the entire DIY stompbox world someone comes along and demands proof of credentials... Someone who as far as I can tell has not offered one single bit of advice or help to anyone round here at all, yet claims some sort of "electroic" engineering experience. Are you just data mining here? Will you ever contribute anything at all beyond endless questions?

If you don't choose to look up R.G., that's your perogative, but be aware that you certainly cannot know what you're talking about, since you won't even look into WHO you're talking about. But, you've been here before, as has been pointed out,  so you KNOW who he is, don't you?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence to back them to reach the threshold of believability. R.G.'s years and years of work in this field speak for him. For many many reasons already stated, your claims of an engineering background are quite extraordinary. The burden of proof is on YOU.

So, it's a two way street. He's certainly done his part. Where's yours?

You walk into a room containing a few engineers and claim to be a peer, it won't take long to figure out if that's true or not...

The thing that puzzles me here is the motivation... What exactly are you getting out of this? This is just about the strangest approach to trolling I've ever seen... Fascinating, in a train wreck kinda way...

Fleetdog

Prior to my first post, I thought the references to MarkPhase as non-human were just jabs at what I took to be poor grammer due to english being not his first language.  Since then, I've realized that he really may be AI (well the "I" part may be an overstatement).  How freakin' weird.  Now I feel a little dumb for trying to help the guy.

markphaser

Meanderthal why don't u start your own thread and i'll go into it and drill u,spam it,call u names see how u like that.
Really i don't care what R.G does for anyone else none of my business and i stay away from what he trys to say to others
threads becaues really R.G owns this board like u said this board wouldn't exist without R.G he has earn the red carpet for people
that need to know how to solder a jack to a footpedal or a DC plug/jack and lets just start about 1000 threads covers a fuzzface
and a wah pedal but anything outside of the box is clearly wrong,weird,trolling because its not really Aron's forum its R.G's forum
and i didn't know i have to go get a EE degree like R.G to have a chip on my shoulder looking down at others and having a red carpet
rolled out in front of me becaues i know how to measure a battery or solder a jack to a stereo plug to a foot pedal or measure DC voltages for baising a fuzz face get real Meanderthal i am a tech if u like it or not i worked at many many companys with 1000 and more people so i have good people skills or i would have been fired the seperations between me and others is i have some electronic background that makes R.G's stomach just sick for some reason maybe he thinks his EE degree means "Ego Extreme"

Meanderthal

LOL! How can you have people skills if you can't convince people that you're even human? Personally, I'm leaning towards human after your last couple posts(that makes you much less fascinating), but there's still the possibility that you're the most advanced AI I've ever seen. After all, it IS possible to simulate an emotional response...

Feel free to dig up any of the threads I've started and call me names, expose my ignorance, and humiliate me by pointing out my every mistake. That would be... contributing, however indirectly. You see, it dosen't really matter if I'm wrong, progress is still achieved.

You STILL haven't quite passed the Turing test... but you're getting closer...

Sir H C

Quote from: markphaser on November 24, 2006, 07:17:36 PM
Sir HC

What IC layout issues/flaws/problems have u learn or is common?

What PC board issues/flaws/problems have u learn or is common?

What Test plans do u do please??

What jobs has R.G and others work doing R&D or in a R&D department?

Dude, answering #1 for you would be like teaching a parrot how to operate a nuclear submarine.  Very far out of league.

But to have fun:

Signals, what, where.
Substrate currents.
SCRs, oh the SCRs.
Vias and current density.
Rmetal.
Matching.

The other questions?  Dude, I don't have to time to write essays here.

I don't do R&D, I design for production.

stm

Considering

Quote from: markphaser on November 26, 2006, 11:20:56 PM
Meanderthal why don't u start your own thread and i'll go into it and drill u,spam it,call u names see how u like that. Really i don't care what R.G does for anyone else none of my business and i stay away from what he trys to say to others threads becaues really R.G owns this board like u said this board wouldn't exist without R.G he has earn the red carpet for people that need to know how to solder a jack to a footpedal or a DC plug/jack and lets just start about 1000 threads covers a fuzzface and a wah pedal but anything outside of the box is clearly wrong, weird, trolling because its not really Aron's forum its R.G's forum and i didn't know i have to go get a EE degree like R.G to have a chip on my shoulder looking down at others and having a red carpet rolled out in front of me becaues i know how to measure a battery or solder a jack to a stereo plug to a foot pedal or measure DC voltages for baising a fuzz face get real Meanderthal i am a tech if u like it or not i worked at many many companys with 1000 and more people so i have good people skills or i would have been fired the seperations between me and others is i have some electronic background that makes R.G's stomach just sick for some reason maybe he thinks his EE degree means "Ego Extreme"

and the "Anyone found attacking others will face losing posting privileges." post by Aron on October 11th 2006 at the "READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST" thread,

and the knowledge of the "walters", "walters9515", "brent" , "brentwalters", "markphaser", and "surfman" posts in this and other audio, dsp, and microcontroller forums,

and the "About registration. Every registration is moderated. Please do not waste my time and try to register with a name like "wewillspamU" or bother to try and register from a known spamming address. I will delete your request immediately." post by Aron on November 25th 2006, at the "READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST" thread,

I wonder: What the heck are the moderators waiting to remove the posting privileges of this troll?

Sir H C

Quote from: markphaser on November 26, 2006, 11:20:56 PM
maybe he thinks his EE degree means "Ego Extreme"  

No,  remember, you can't have a beer without a EE.

Brett Clark

Someone here has either a very limited knowledge of English or an EXTREMELY good knowledge of perl (or perhaps python).

Mark Hammer

For a variety of reasons, this thread should be locked.  It is becoming exclusionary and unpleasant.  Let's start over.

gez

"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

The Tone God

:icon_question:

Andrew