Foot tapping pedal?

Started by Hendrik1, November 20, 2006, 04:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hendrik1

Ronnie Earl play's da Blues solo with his guitar, tapping with his foot.

I like to make somekind of foot tapping device, low as possible, to do that too.

Anyone?

d95err

I don't understand what you mean. "Tapping" as in "Eddie van Halen" or as in "hitting your foot on the floor". If you mean triggering something with your foot - what is it you want to trigger?

gez

I once saw a documetary about John Lee Hooker and they showed him in the Studio quite a bit.  The engineers had him stomping on a piece of wood and had miked his foot.

I'm sure the choice of wood would have a lot to do with the tone of the final 'tap' you get though, along with shoe-size, shoe-type and material used for the sole...hmm, mojo alert!!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

fixr1984

puretube

$uperpuma

I always crack up at the porchboard guys at guitar shows... AT LEAST one of them has overalls on (for a more porchy effect, I guess) and the one playing the guitar is playing the standard "guitar show" jazz noodle that can be heard during every moment that the show is open...Thump Thump Thump...
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

R.G.

The one-man-shows at bars here often put a mike rolled up in towels under a tupperware tray.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

puretube

you could "trigger" a damped twin-t-oscillator
with mentioned FSR,
or an intermitted (UV) lightbeam,
or even conductive foam
by means of a one-shot...

JimRayden

Quote from: Hendrik1 on November 20, 2006, 04:28:04 AM
Ronnie Earl play's da Blues solo with his guitar, tapping with his foot.

Now I imagined the guitar on the ground, and Ronnie using the tap technique with his bare feet. :D Got me stumped (yes, this is indeed a pun) for a few minutes until I followed the thread.

----------
Jimbo

kvb

The Ellis stuff sure is snazzy.

However, when I heard the mp3, I felt like "jump"ing out the window.

fixr1984

Quote from: $uperpuma on November 20, 2006, 10:17:18 AM
I always crack up at the porchboard guys at guitar shows... AT LEAST one of them has overalls on (for a more porchy effect, I guess) and the one playing the guitar is playing the standard "guitar show" jazz noodle that can be heard during every moment that the show is open...Thump Thump Thump...

LOL....exactly the same thing I see everytime they come to town.

choklitlove

oh my god, that's probably the stupidest thing i've ever seen.

oh yeah, IMO. ;D
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.