I had a 2000  fulldrive 2 that I liked just fine
thinking I was missing out on something I got one of the
new ones with the vintage switch the problem is the boost
channel on the new one sounds like crap the tone changes to more
base and its muddy  dose any one else have this problem
and better yet can tell me how to fix it
I e-mailed fulltone they blew me off as usual

ocelot

Yeah I am having the same trouble however I am wondering if it is a design thing.
When its set to the FM/Vintage mode I can't get much boost out of the boost circut. However when in Comp-Cut mode the boost is huge ?? BTW this is the mosfet version it does sound good in the Comp-Cut mode bit like a boss blues driver.

Barcode80

i would crack it open and check that switch, see what value cap is likely soldered to the boost side, then lower the value. this should let more high end through. not sure how it will affect the actual boost though.

mojotron

The FM mode has a feedback path the flattens out the response/gain in the first opamp stage - this is normal, less gain that is in boost/FM mode.

As far as the 'vintage' mode - how far do you want to go with this? Are you OK with taking it apart and doing some de/soldering?

There's a couple of things to try, but if you really want the 'best' sound out of a circuit like this it would be better to sell that one and build one from the ground up: Not that Ful**one does not make great pedals, but there are a lot of sound/component options and in the end you may find that you really need to build a few. I sold my Ful**one gear when I found that I could build my own with exactly the sound I wanted.

waldo041

you could also try the 18 volt power supply for it.

http://fulltone.com/18volts.html

peace,
waldo

ocelot

I played with it for a long time last night have settled on using FM mode with the mosfet option. I pulled it apart (this is the 10th aniversary) one thing that shows that there isn't 1% resistors. I might try and take some photo's and publish