Dr. Boogie Graphic Layout

Started by MetalUpYerEye, November 22, 2006, 02:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalUpYerEye

Hey guys i'm going to attempt an enclosure with graphics on it for my Dr. Boogie. I'd like to put color graphics so i've chosen the method of sticking photo paper to a painted box and then clear coating over it. I was wondering if anyone had a template for a Dr. Boogie in a "Taiwanese BB size box" from Small Bear. I'm not looking for graphics, just a drawing that will print the correct size for the box, possibly with markings for the pots, switch, led, etc. so I can draw my own graphics over it. Thanks for all the help guys...
Josh

MikeH

What program are you using for the graphics?  I usually just measure with a ruler how big I want the label to be, then create an object that size in Illustrator.  Then I mark where I want the pots and such to go, print it out on regular paper, and glue it to the enclosure with a glue stick to use as a drilling template.  Then I add graphics and print it out on decal stock or whatever.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

MetalUpYerEye

Well I wasn't going to add any fancy pictures to it, just use the "graphics" to label the pots, input/output, etc. and to add a little contrasting color to the box. I'm not much for fancy pictures or the like so MS Paint was going to be my choice to start out. My problem here is that I don't have the box yet, its still on its way from Small Bear and i'm in a bit of a rush (its a last minute "birthday" order) I was just hoping to finish the graphics while the box is on its way so by the time it gets here i'm ready to drill and finish it quickly. A couple of questions...

1. Whats the full name of that program you referred to as "Illustrator?"
2. Does anyone who has a Taiwanese BB size from Small Bear want to measure it for me and post the measurements for the top of the box? I want the graphic to cover the entire flat surface of the top, but not the round edges. I think if you measured just the flat area of the top of the box it would be perfect.

Thanks again guys. I appreciate it a lot.
Josh

Paul Marossy

The dimensional data for the Hammond 1590BB can be found on the Hammond Mfg. website...

MetalUpYerEye

Sorry, I didn't realize that the Hammond 1590BB and the Taiwanese BB boxes were exactly the same size...  :icon_redface:

Edit: I just checked the Hammond website and couldn't find the 1590BB listed on there anywhere. I found the 1590Z, but not the 1590BB.

Pushtone

I don't know if they are exactly the same size. Better leave a few mm buffer.
http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/1590BB.pdf

Be sure to look for the "inside" dimension on the pdf as the bottom (lid) is larger than the top.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith