Is there a source for the Boss Japanese square DC jack ?

Started by Melanhead, November 30, 2006, 09:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melanhead

I'm not talking about the chassis mount one ... it's the one that slots into the enclosure in the back.

anyone ever had any luck finding these ?

The Tone God

I don't know about the exact jack but Digikey has quite selection of PCB mounted jacks.

Andrew

Processaurus

I wonder if those would work with the thickness of the walls on hammond enclosures, it would be nice to have something you didn't need to desolder (like the big  plastic panel mount dc jacks)to service the circuit.  Not that we've ever had to do that. :icon_wink:

p1_ind

I had this problem before and this is what I found.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36481.0

The part numbers changed because of RoHS so the updated parts are
Kycon Panel Mount Jack KLDPX-0207-A
Mouser Stock No. 806-KLDPX-0207-A

Adam

Melanhead

hairyandy

Well, I'm in Japan gigging at the moment and I'm making a trip to Akihabara tomorrow to go parts shopping with a new friend that Mark Hammer hooked me up with.  If I see any I'll pick up a few and let you know.  You're talking about the little PCB-mount ones that fit in the slot that were on the older pedals right?

Andy
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

Melanhead

Quote from: hairyandy on December 01, 2006, 02:34:45 PM
Well, I'm in Japan gigging at the moment and I'm making a trip to Akihabara tomorrow to go parts shopping with a new friend that Mark Hammer hooked me up with.  If I see any I'll pick up a few and let you know.  You're talking about the little PCB-mount ones that fit in the slot that were on the older pedals right?

Andy

those would be good too, but it's actually the older one that slides onto a larger slot than the newer ones. Similar to the boss OD-1, DM-2 etc ...

looks at the OD-1 in this pic ..

http://www.musicgearcompany.com/catalog/article_info.php?articles_id=16&osCsid=eae57a76c3d81fe23af8c945740c7e21

you can see that the DC jack goes right to the bottom of the enclosure ( the opening has 3 sides ), where as the newer ones fit through a smaller square opening... The one I'm looking for Isn't PCB mounted, it's sloted to fit the 3 side cutaway in the enclosure.

Mouser seems to have 'em but don't ship regular mail to Canada so I'd pay at least $16 shipping for a 79 cent part! OUCH!

Oh well ....