"New" old fuzz. Round Japanese Crazy Tone style thingy!

Started by Dan N, December 03, 2006, 09:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcobretti

This is the only schem I have.  I never built it.  It still looks really strange to me.

rousejeremy

I have one of these! Sounded like sh*t so I put a point to point Germanium Fuzz in it.

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

wjmwpg

*** Never mind. I think my searches just weren't working because of spotty internet where I am presently***

Hey, I realize that I'm a decade+ late to this party, but is this Walco thread still alive somewhere? (It's not showing up in my searches.)

Quote from: zachomega on December 04, 2006, 12:08:03 AM
Yeah, it is a fun effect.  The goof ball cases they come in with the hard wired cords and jacks is similar to the "muff fuzz" style...only cheaper...if that is possible.  The soldering on the boards is really pathetic.  On the sound go round I took apart, one of the caps is factory wired backwards...and on another one of their effects (possible the feedback eliminator) there are parts that have solder around the leads but the leads are free to move.  The worst is the Chord and note sustainer.  My first one (yes, I bought more than 1...) had a sprung jack out of the box, a crummy footswitch, and the board needed to be filed away so that I could get the 9 volt battery to fit.  Anyway, the Walco effect thread is started. 

-Zach Omega