So which enclosure are you going to use for the Moosapotamus ADA Flanger?

Started by BMF Effects, December 08, 2006, 11:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMF Effects

oldschoolanalog

Hammond Sloped Instrument Console. When is all said and done; there will be too many options to put this flange on the floor. Need to get at them controls easily! Probably will mount it on a stand, about waist high, for ez "on the fly" access/tweaking. Let the games begin!
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Harry Palms

Here's an idea. Instead of you asking other people how to build and name your effects for you so that you can shill them on the consumer sites, why don't you offer something to the diy community yourself for once. Why don't you tell us which casings you'll be using when you turn around  and sell this thing which you've had, so far up to now, almost no developmental input at all other than to take what work others have done with it and try to make money by presenting it as your own. How are you going to house yours when you turn around and sell it?

Seriously, at least have the simple courtesy of acknowledging the work Charlie and Steve put into this when you start profitting off it. That's the least you could do. It's not too much to ask.

StephenGiles

He'll need to find the hidden mistakes that only we know about first!!!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

tungngruv

I went to the BMF site and looked under the "how to order" link. After looking at the products, I realized I had won a contest. I think there have been two "name my pedal" contests here so far. I wonder if anyone ever really won anything?

BMF Effects

Quote from: Harry Palms on December 09, 2006, 04:51:01 AM
Here's an idea. Instead of you asking other people how to build and name your effects for you so that you can shill them on the consumer sites, why don't you offer something to the diy community yourself for once. Why don't you tell us which casings you'll be using when you turn around  and sell this thing which you've had, so far up to now, almost no developmental input at all other than to take what work others have done with it and try to make money by presenting it as your own. How are you going to house yours when you turn around and sell it?

Seriously, at least have the simple courtesy of acknowledging the work Charlie and Steve put into this when you start profitting off it. That's the least you could do. It's not too much to ask.

I'm sorry, do I know you? Did you forget your meds this morning? What "developmental input" have you contributed lately? Who's work have I taken and presented as my own? God forbid I ask a general question that has nothing to do with "shilling it on a consumer site and presenting it as my own". Since I did purchase a board (and only one mind you) from Charlie for my personal use, what do you care about what questions I ask? If you have a problem with me, feel free to send me a PM or email and we'll get it straightened out. In the meantime, find a worthwhile cause to get your knickers in a twist about.

:icon_mrgreen:

PS - Since asked, I'm considering the following Hammond enclosures...1590J, 1590D or a 1590DD.

BMF Effects

Quote from: tungngruv on December 09, 2006, 04:05:24 PM
I went to the BMF site and looked under the "how to order" link. After looking at the products, I realized I had won a contest. I think there have been two "name my pedal" contests here so far. I wonder if anyone ever really won anything?

You may want to be sure of all the facts before asking questions like that. See this post before stirring up controversy and feel free to PM T.G. and ask him if he received the $50 for the chorus naming contest. The trem pedal is set to go into production the first quarter of '07. Tungngruv, I'll be more than happy to send you the second $50 I will have paid out for trem pedal naming contest (Dai H. requested his $50 be donated to the charity of my choice, the Red Cross, for the Hurricane Katrina victims) for your contribution ahead of schedule if you like. Just PM me your PayPal or mailing info.

Ry

Let's try to steer this thread back on topic...I was thinking of using a rack-mount enclosure for it, giving me plenty of room on the front for knobs and lots of room in the back for jacks.  Plus, there will be loads of room for external boards inside.  Does anyone have a line on reasonably priced blank rack enclosures?

BMF Effects

Quote from: Ry on December 09, 2006, 04:33:48 PM
Let's try to steer this thread back on topic...I was thinking of using a rack-mount enclosure for it, giving me plenty of room on the front for knobs and lots of room in the back for jacks.  Plus, there will be loads of room for external boards inside.  Does anyone have a line on reasonably priced blank rack enclosures?

Try Hammond, Par-Metal, Lansing Enclosures or Schroff. Another option might be finding a cheap or DOA existing rack unit that you can gut. That way the holes are already drilled and you could have it either repainted and relabled or have a trophy store create a new faceplate for you.

TELEFUNKON

Quote from: tungngruv on December 09, 2006, 04:05:24 PM

tung: you`re gonna be be contacted soon :
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36650.msg345293#msg345293

tungngruv

No need to pay me if you already paid a winner. I wouldn't expect two payments being made for the same contest. Also, I did not mean to jump to any conclusions but I'm sure you understand my confusion when I went to your site and saw the name I submitted for your first contest. I was also unaware of the thread listed above. All is cool.

BMF Effects

Quote from: tungngruv on December 09, 2006, 05:07:13 PM
No need to pay me if you already paid a winner. I wouldn't expect two payments being made for the same contest. Also, I did not mean to jump to any conclusions but I'm sure you understand my confusion when I went to your site and saw the name I submitted for your first contest. I was also unaware of the thread listed above. All is cool.

Deal's a deal. Your entry is the one that's going to be marketed. You were going to be contacted before the first unit was to be sold, however I have no issues with sending the $50 today. Like I said, PM or email with your info.

Now, I'm done hijacking my own thread.

oldschoolanalog

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

moosapotamus

Quote from: StephenGiles on December 09, 2006, 03:01:36 PM
He'll need to find the hidden mistakes that only we know about first!!!

...and, the ones we don't know about, too. :o

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

bluesdevil

"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy