Electro Harmonix knobs

Started by Rectangular, December 24, 2006, 05:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rectangular

Hey, I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of a supplier for these Electro Harmonix knobs ( or a similar style). not the classic black knurled-chickhead type, but the even older ones. take a look at this ebay auction, and you'll see what I mean:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120068177141

I'm not sure how to describe this knob in 'proper technical jargon',  I was hoping RG, Analogman, or Hammer might know what the manufacturer's name for this style of knob

thanks for takin' a look

-rec

markm

Well, to my eyes those look like machined aluminum knobs and although I don't know alot about EH pedals I will say I don't think they are original to the unit.
Try smallbear or Mouser or Jameco.
All three have some like those I beleive.

Rectangular

hey mark,  I know they look "out of place" , but they're definitely original to the unit. I've seen those exact knobs on other ancient pieces of EH gear,  they're plastic with a rigged/ribbed/knurled black grip around the edge of the knob. I've checked mouser and smallbear, but I they don't have this style

markm

Plastic huh  ???
I like being wrong.
That's how I learn things!  :icon_lol:
Interesting.

Rectangular

Quote from: markm on December 24, 2006, 06:31:39 PM
Plastic huh  ???
I like being wrong.
That's how I learn things!  :icon_lol:
Interesting.

hehe, the body of the knob is a black plastic, apparently with a chrome/alum cap glued on. I have another couple knobs in this style, but they're smaller and not a D-type threading

Rectangular

plastic black body,  straight-knurled grip, chrome-alum cap with indicator dot,  and a kind of 'raised' or 'mushroom' body,  D-type threading,  anyone seen these ?

gez

They look like old radio knobs.  If they are EH they probably just bought a load of them surplus.

I've seen something similar, but chrome with a black plastic band.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter