WOuld this be possible??

Started by Papa_lazerous, December 28, 2006, 02:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa_lazerous

Ok maybe there is somethign already available.  I dont know but could I theoretically make a stomp pedal with a valve in it.  thinking would be nice to make a really valve sounding overdrive

jonathan perez

very much so...

search, dude, youll find em EVERYWHEEEERE...
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Papa_lazerous

I tried harasing google couldnt get anything that I was thinking of, you know of a specific pedal that I can search for? or even if one that people clone

jonathan perez

use the search button up on top

ggg and tonepad, as well
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Meanderthal

I am not responsible for your imagination.

Papa_lazerous

Meanderthal

'k, how 'bout these(from the schematics link above)

http://www.muzique.com/schem/tubedrvr.gif

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Library/1355/hotbox.jpg

And, as TBOM already stated, there's LOTS more!

Papa_lazerous

Cheers fella the first one out the 2 looks instantly appealing as I wont have isues with sorting out making a power supply.  I feel a deep need to have a nie warm glowing valve on my pedal board, and ofcourse the lovely sound is a bouns too

toneman

How bout here-----

http://www.paia.com/prodimages/siabsch.pdf

Very similar approach to mixing opamps and dual triodes.
PAiA has been in business for over 40yrs.  :icon_exclaim:
U can just by the pcb if U want.   :icon_idea:
Although the Stack-in-A-Box is a rack effect, U probably could cram the pcb into a stompbox. 
Heck, my EH HotTubes  stompbox is huge compared to my other pedals!!    :icon_eek:
Have fun starving those plates   :D
8)

• SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Papa_lazerous

Thats a bit out of my depth toneman, sure I can folw the schem but I like to understand whats going on when I make sometging and I dont know much about valves or how they work going to go for somthing simpler to start the learning curve.  I know EHx made some pedals with valves.  a compressor too if I remember right.  The whole voltage thing worries me some of them run with 300V thats allot to be stomping on me thinks

Papa_lazerous

Ok I am going to build the Tube Driver, although will mod it slightly as I want to have bass mid and treble instead of just tone

hopefully all will be well

boogietube

I think that this one is by far the most elegantly executed design.

www.diyguiatrist.com

He calls it a Shaka Tube in a 1590bb.

I visit it often just to admire the amazing work.
Cheers Paul.
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

Papa_lazerous

Yeah I spent a long time looking through that site before he's one clever guy!

Meanderthal

Oh, that's where he got to... I recognize those pedals. He musta changed the site...

Papa_lazerous

the link above is no good but I still no the site if you want a link that works ask google or I will post one

Meanderthal

Meh- just spell guitarist right and it works...

Papa_lazerous

boogietube

QuoteMeh- just spell guitarist right and it works...

My dyslexic typing skills again!  ;D

www.diyguitarist.com
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

JimRayden

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on December 28, 2006, 02:52:16 PM
Ok maybe there is somethign already available.  I dont know but could I theoretically make a stomp pedal with a valve in it.  thinking would be nice to make a really valve sounding overdrive

Firstly, have you noticed this section of the forums? There's one "Child Board" that might just suit you.

Secondly, if you want a "really valve sounding overdrive", tube driver ain't gonna take you there. It will take you to the land of "valve run at a too low voltage to sound good" and "op-amp generating all the distortion and running it all through a tube" land, although I'm not sure it is what you're after. I've built it and I'll have to say it's not worth the hassle of wiring up those valve sockets. BSIAB takes you much closer to a tube amp, that's for sure.

If you're yet afraid of high voltages, go for Shaka Tube in my forementioned link. If you're okay with 'em, I'd say the Matchless Hotbox is a great way to go. (http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Library/1355/hotbox.jpg)

----------
Jimbo

Papa_lazerous

Never been to that bit of the forum, must have been blind to it as I have had a good nosey.

Ok you may well have a point about the tube driver,  I understand exactly what you are saying I did notice the crazy gain on the second half of the op-amp and wonder....

The voltage may be an issue as I want to be able to fit it in a pedal and I want it to be safe underfoot.