Creamy Dreamer clone on eBay.

Started by brad, January 05, 2007, 08:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad

"If You Can't Open It, You Don't Own It"

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

JimRayden

This guy apparently doesn't know that it doesn't sound the same if there's no goo!!

---------
Jimbo

Dragonfly

Quote from: JimRayden on January 05, 2007, 09:10:04 PM
This guy apparently doesn't know that it doesn't sound the same if there's no goo!!

---------
Jimbo

Why "goo up" a perfectly good General Guitar Gadgets board ???

Meanderthal

LOL! I was wondering where the PCB came from, it DID look familiar!
I am not responsible for your imagination.

R.G.

Some light sources are bright and illuminate everything around them. Some bulbs are very dim. We sometimes hear something referred to as a "dim bulb".

Other light bulbs are so dim that they actually suck the light from the nearby area, in effect emitting darkness. The solid state version of that is the Darkness Emitting Diode, or DED for short.

:)
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Hiwatt25

I'm gonna clone that thing so it'll be a clone of a clone of a clone.  Y'know everytime you copy something, it gets a little fuzzier...in this case it'd be a good thing.   :icon_wink:

Meanderthal

Oh, you mean the new antisemiconducting components? Cool.

Prediction- lock&lounge. Sigh. A shame, some of these threads get pretty interesting. Whatever ya do, don't bring up ethics or morals...

Hiwatt25

Man, I didn't mean to run anyone down, I was just trying to make a joke.  Sorry if I came off jerky, I didn't mean to. 

JimRayden

Quote from: Hiwatt25 on January 05, 2007, 09:35:39 PM
I'm gonna clone that thing so it'll be a clone of a clone of a clone.  Y'know everytime you copy something, it gets a little fuzzier...in this case it'd be a good thing.   :icon_wink:

If you do, let me know. I'll make a clone of that.

Ethics laundry. ;D

---------
Jimbo

Meanderthal

QuoteSorry if I came off jerky, I didn't mean to.

You didn't! No apology necessary.  I was only talking about what usually happens to these threads... I think R.G. was too in his own way...

JimRayden

Well, cloning a clone is not unethical. It's payback! :icon_lol:

-----------
Jimbo

brad

I just can't believe how far the mojo of this pedal has come.  I mean, Billy Corgan has only the slightest connection to it, and it isn't even certain if he used it on anything at all.  He didn't even get it until 1999...and the pumpkins broke up in 2000.

Perhaps someone wants to reverse engineer this clone since we already know the layout.
"If You Can't Open It, You Don't Own It"

the dude

I wonder if he's buying the boards from ggg?  If not, JD should step up and say something to this kid.

Meanderthal

Yeah, this PCB's been bought, not copied... look at the way the cap locations have extra holes and pads to accommodate different sizes... If you were etching and drilling copies, why drill extra holes when ya know what size caps you have?

$uperpuma

I go ahead and drill them all when I do my GGG projects... hopefully he has taken advantage of JD's generous Licensing offer rather than just taking advantage of JD...
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Meanderthal

$uperpuma

Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

fixr1984

Its funny, the standoffs are in the same place as marked at GGG.
The only real diff I see is that R4 is jumpered.
Even the resistors are off set the same as GGG's layout.
I'm not against him cloning or whatever but JD should get the credit, its
either his board or his layout was used.

darron

that led looks hazardous! i have a copy of that fake asian looking font... it's called 'Electroharmonix' funnily enough and you can find it on the net for free.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!