Creamy Dreamer clone on eBay.

Started by brad, January 05, 2007, 08:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wampcat1

Quote from: idlechatterbox on January 08, 2007, 02:02:11 PM
The name-calling is sort of odd and unnecessary, but the underlying claims are often thought-provoking. So I would hate to see the threads or the thread-writers go away, but maybe that's just me.

If we can all have different views on the best guitar tone, why expect it to be otherwise with ethics? If I can say that I don't care much for wahs (sorry, I just don't) without offending anyone (I hope), should it be any different with some controversy over the amount of "yourself" that has to be part of a do-it-yourself project? There seem to be good, rational arguments on either side of a lot of these issues. And Aron seems pretty clear that there's a lounge or PM if things get too far off track anyway.  :icon_cool:

Just a thought. Have a great Monday everyone  ;D

It's easy to read more into it without hearing vocal inflection, but I didn't think anyone was getting mad or calling names really...I dunno.  :icon_mrgreen:

I honestly wasn't being mad, just opinionated!  :icon_lol:

bw

MikeH

Quote from: Meanderthal on January 08, 2007, 02:16:35 PM
QuoteThe fact that he used the GGG board makes the likely scenario that he found out what a CD was, and realized he could build it with that board and did so.  That's what I thought he was "lying" about.

I apologize if I have come across as hostile myself... but frankly I'm not following the logic. It's a modded BMP. The PCB(whole kit actually) is a convenient way to build a BMP.

If I dance and it rains, does that mean dancing makes it rain? Of course not! There's absolutely no connection between the 2.  And at least in that case, I can see how someone might think there is, but not doing a layout implying there was no reverse engineering? That's even more far fetched(IMHO). Maybe there's something I missed?

I simply stated what I thought was the likely scenario.  Just my opinion.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

gez

Lounge, lounge, lounge, lounge
Louuuuuuuunge, wonderful louuuuuuuunge!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Meanderthal

QuoteI remember seeing a EH BMP board that looked very similar to the GGG layout.

The creamy dreamer's pcb also is the same size and shape(it's also green). What's that say about the actual layout? Nothing. If you're going to insinuate theft of IP, a little evidence would be in order. Hard evidence, since that's a hard accusation.

I'm outta this thread.
I am not responsible for your imagination.

Dragonfly

Lounge please.

Seriously...JD has no problem with it, why should we ?

If I build some FF's using General Guitar Gadgets PCBs and sell them on eBay, am I suddenly some sort of jerk ? No...I'm well within my rights. The CD is no longer made, and he's not saying that it "is" a CD, only a replica of one. This is quite different than the people selling "fake" ZVex pedals.

AC

A.S.P.

Quote from: gez on January 08, 2007, 02:32:21 PM
Louuuuuuuunge, wonderful louuuuuuuunge!

along with the "BONSAI"-thread!
Analogue Signal Processing

gez

It's weird, when these threads finally do get shifted to the Lounge they die out almost immediately..
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Dragonfly

Quote from: gez on January 08, 2007, 03:12:26 PM
It's weird, when these threads finally do get shifted to the Lounge they die out almost immediately..

another great reason to send it to the lounge !  :D

The Tone God

Ya think ? I wonder why ? :icon_rolleyes:

Mods: Please make this thread is lounge-tastic!

Andrew

A.S.P.

Quote from: A.S.P. on January 08, 2007, 12:46:26 PM
dis dread cries for de LOUNGE

Do De Lounge, Everybuttaye
Everybuttaye Do De Lounge!

vanessa

Quote from: Meanderthal on January 08, 2007, 02:43:20 PM
QuoteI remember seeing a EH BMP board that looked very similar to the GGG layout.

The creamy dreamer's pcb also is the same size and shape(it's also green). What's that say about the actual layout? Nothing. If you're going to insinuate theft of IP, a little evidence would be in order. Hard evidence, since that's a hard accusation.

I'm outta this thread.

I'm not saying theft. If the GGG was modeled after a EH BMP board that's not theft, that's reference. I just saying that the eBay clone could have been modeled after the EH board I've seen and not the other way around.

gez

Quote from: The Tone God on January 08, 2007, 03:35:39 PM

Ya think ? I wonder why ? :icon_rolleyes:

Because we're the only sad b*stards that hang out there?

A.S.P.

markm

If Billy Mumy were here he could wish this thread into the cornfield...... :icon_razz:

The Tone God

Quote from: A.S.P. on January 08, 2007, 03:55:40 PM
Do De Lounge, Everybuttaye
Everybuttaye Do De Lounge!

:icon_question:

Quote from: gez on January 08, 2007, 04:03:49 PM
Because we're the only sad b*stards that hang out there?

I'm lonely in there, hold me ?

Andrew

A.S.P.

like my old friend Joe Tex once said: "( You Had Better) Hold On To What You God"

gez

Andrew, I'll hold you and love you and...damn, I thought this was a PM!

markm

Quote from: gez on January 08, 2007, 05:19:01 PM
:icon_eek:

The Tone God

Quote from: A.S.P. on January 08, 2007, 04:15:34 PM
like my old friend Joe Tex once said: "( You Had Better) Hold On To What You God"

Nice. 8)

Quote from: gez on January 08, 2007, 05:19:01 PM

That better be a soldering iron in your pocket.

Andrew

gez

Soldering iron station I'll have you know!