rarest and most curious stompbox ever : fm acoustics fuzz & filter !

Started by hair force one, January 10, 2007, 09:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hair force one

from an ebay add : http://cgi.ebay.de/FM-Acoustics-Guitar-Fuzz-Filter-Tremolo-VINTAGE-RAR_W0QQitemZ260073567678QQihZ016QQcategoryZ22525QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

rare indeed, never heard about it, serial n°100, does someone posess one of these beasts?

curious? the swiss based fm acoustics factory is internationally renowned for making the best amplifier and purest souding audio gear !!! and they made a distorsion box too !!!  Those swiss are totally nuts ?

(buy this and post pics and samples, anyone?)

R.G.

The pictures and descriptions remind me a lot of the Ludwig Phase IV, which I did reverse.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

hair force one

more info gathered on the web about this company : some musicians use their power amps, so you could use one mono class a head (called the 800a in 1975) and this fuzz... thing (because the amp won't ever distort...) and you'll get a complete (& vintage) swiss-made rig!

oh by the way price tag for a brand new 111 mono head : 39 000 $, sweet !

hair force one

some cool vintage pics (late 70 early 80's i'd say) on their official page:

Girl with in red stockings managing 2 Megas of spare parts 

swiss workbenches, empty clean.

another girl is "listening" to transistor noise through a pair of giant earphones...

same test bench but now a guy, this fellow proletarian is the "pot-tester", cool...

fish eye view of a girl mounting power transitors on radiators, wow hardcore.

(i know, i'm sick)

JimRayden

tcobretti